Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by pigbike
I called Rinehart(as probably others have), and they have no solution either. As these pipes were already on the bike, I will live with them until I can't stand them any longer and replace them. You would think Rinehart would have a fix for them, as there's many people who would like them quieter. Guess they just don't care. Oh well there's plenty of other choices, if Rinehart doesn't care about their product.
When you say you called Rinehart do you mean current Rinehart? Rhino, Clearview, whoever the hell they are? Or do you mean you called Bub? Sounds like you have the ones made by Bub so if you didn't already you might want to call Bub to see if they still have some quieter baffles available to fit the Rinehart Bubs.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:25 AM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by tionestat
Yes sir, did it to mine and like I said don't get carried away -- I bent mine (all 4 tabs in 90 degrees) in and the bike would hardly run, so I put a dowel in and opened it up and it worked. just use a little common sense. I think it took away the rinehart wistle, quieted it down, and gave some back pressure. Easy mod.
I would be interested if anyone else has tried this and their results. Also pictures as well if anyone has would be helpful.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Contrary to the opinions expressed by some, I found that wrapping the baffles on RTD's w/ fiberglass mat material purchased at a sport bike shop got rid of the sharp bark that annoyed me at interstate speeds on the 4-5 long trips I make each year. The RTD sound didn't bother me around town or on relatively short trips at interstate speeds; on long interstate rides, however, I found the bark to become objectionable.

I can't say the sound was any quieter overall, but the objectionable sharp bark was muted sufficiently.

Carl

Old 04-22-2012, 05:39 PM
tionestat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rineharts

Look I'm just telling you my seat of the pants and ear dyno. I have a stage one, a 48h andrews cam and the rineharts. The knock against the rineharts is not enough back pressure so it hurts the performance -- now not a lot but check with the dyno people they have their own little fix's for rineharts to get a little back pressure to increase performance. Seems to me I read in the forum a while back that some one was told to drill and tap a hole for a bolt to great a little back pressure. As far as the sound I'm saying that this little trick works... Just got in from a 200mi. ride today and the pipes sounded great--- it works.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:43 PM
tionestat
Cruiser
Default rineharts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Contrary to the opinions expressed by some, I found that wrapping the baffles on RTD's w/ fiberglass mat material purchased at a sport bike shop got rid of the sharp bark that annoyed me at interstate speeds on the 4-5 long trips I make each year. The RTD sound didn't bother me around town or on relatively short trips at interstate speeds; on long interstate rides, however, I found the bark to become objectionable.

I can't say the sound was any quieter overall, but the objectionable sharp bark was muted sufficiently.

Carl
Harleypingman, My rineharts with the 48h truly barked and I mean barked now it's gone. this works and it's adjustable.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 PM
firsttime
6th Gear
Angry Loose baffles in Rinehart true duals

I'm going on my 3rd left muffler, along with 2 repairs since 2008, due to the baffles breaking loose and rattling on the left side muffler only. The right muffler has been trouble free. This is on a 2006 FLHTC with Stage 1 and race tuned when the Rinehart true duals were installed in 2008. Anybody experience similar repeat problem? Is there a design problem with the left side of the true dual system?

Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

I pulled off my Rhinehearts and put on Fuel motos jackpots.Much nicer