Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:11 PM
dstrat1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried everything you can do , wrapped them rewelded, re routed etc, and sold them...now I have some fatshots, with 13 rings, and an endplate...nice and deep , and quiet, and you can adjust it up and down to taste....also tried stock., for my 09, not bad, 2011 non cat, too sharp, or tinny....supertrapp, or fatshotz...you wont be sorry...

Old 04-21-2012, 07:13 PM
dstrat1
Cruiser

and , yes they do not care , i called the factory as well, no help..even rewelded the baffle..save your time ..buy some fatshotz..

Old 04-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Hogman57
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I have a set of "stock" pipes which came off a 05 E-Glide Standard. If you like quiet, let me know if you're interested. Love the Rinehart's. Wife would rather listen to those instead of tunes. Nothing like them!!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:12 PM
pigbike
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hogman57
I have a set of "stock" pipes which came off a 05 E-Glide Standard. If you like quiet, let me know if you're interested. Love the Rinehart's. Wife would rather listen to those instead of tunes. Nothing like them!!
I have a brand new set of stock mufflers that came off my 1990 Ultra. They would probably fit as the BUB made Rineharts I believe are the same 1 3/4" head pipes.

I don't want them stock quiet, just a low tone rumble. I had loud pipes on all my earlier bikes and that has been "a few" over the last 40 years. Guess I'm just looking for a more relaxing ride.

Hogman,,,when I mentioned it to my wife, she said she didn't notice that they were that loud. Thats just means they rather listen to the pipes then us.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:20 PM
tionestat
Cruiser
Default quiet the baffles

Guy's a while back one of the members had the answer and no one picked it up. Pull the baffles and take a dremel tool or what ever and cut 2 V's in the baffle on opposite sides and bend them in (like the old beer can openers) towards the front of the baffle. I did two tabs towards the front and two tabs toward the back. now these are on opposite sides and bent them in. Don't get too carried away they still need to breath. The nice thing is they quiet them down and now there is back pressure which is the knock against them as far as performance . If you have too much back pressure just stick a dowel or something in there and open it up a little. Totally adjustable --- IT WORKS

Old 04-21-2012, 09:36 PM
pigbike
Advanced

tionestat, Are you using those modified baffles now? I saw a picture of what you are talking about, yeah your right looks like a old style beer can.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 PM
dstrat1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tionestat
Guy's a while back one of the members had the answer and no one picked it up. Pull the baffles and take a dremel tool or what ever and cut 2 V's in the baffle on opposite sides and bend them in (like the old beer can openers) towards the front of the baffle. I did two tabs towards the front and two tabs toward the back. now these are on opposite sides and bent them in. Don't get too carried away they still need to breath. The nice thing is they quiet them down and now there is back pressure which is the knock against them as far as performance . If you have too much back pressure just stick a dowel or something in there and open it up a little. Totally adjustable --- IT WORKS
I did that, it does not help

Old 04-21-2012, 10:24 PM
ringer19
Cruiser

no such thing as a good Rinehart any more - all new stuff is junk. just my opinion though, poor quality- terrible service. Vance and hines all the way

Old 04-21-2012, 11:18 PM
tionestat
Cruiser
Default modified baffles

Yes sir, did it to mine and like I said don't get carried away -- I bent mine (all 4 tabs in 90 degrees) in and the bike would hardly run, so I put a dowel in and opened it up and it worked. just use a little common sense. I think it took away the rinehart wistle, quieted it down, and gave some back pressure. Easy mod.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tionestat
Yes sir, did it to mine and like I said don't get carried away -- I bent mine (all 4 tabs in 90 degrees) in and the bike would hardly run, so I put a dowel in and opened it up and it worked. just use a little common sense. I think it took away the rinehart wistle, quieted it down, and gave some back pressure. Easy mod.
Did you do the stage one? The module/flash and the AC? Or did you just replace your pipes? You keep mentioning back pressure. If you did it right you don't need that added back pressure and the extra back pressure is having an adverse effect on your bike. If all you did is install the Rineharts then you negatively effected the performance of your bike by installing the Rineharts to begin with.

Leave customizing exhaust to the professionals. Buy loud pipes, quiet pipes, high pitched pipes, rumbling pipes, or whatever combination you want and then leave them alone, or install different baffles. Like BCT's for example. Bending things around, drilling, and sending bolts through your baffles at angles is not going to provide the results you want. Something will always suffer.

Quick Reply: Rinehart Suggestions