Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Distance Trips On A Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:37 AM
strtgld09
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the sundowner on ours the day I brought it home. We've made several trips from 3 to 5k and we love it it's the only seat I've ever had that I never felt like I needed a back rest with. The wife says everytime we ride a different bike "this is not my seat". I've never owned the Hammock but I have sat on one and it felt pretty good as well. By the way our 09 FLHX has just short of 40k on her and the sundowner stills feels like it did the day I put it on.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Too Short
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had never owned a Corbin until I bought my 2010 Road Glide Custom. I wish I'd have bought one years ago. With it having a leather cover you don't get the, for the lack of a better term, "*** sweats". The foam in that seat is hard. Bit after the recommended break in of 2,000 miles, it has a memory for my ***. I don't get those leg burners or any pain associated with a vinyl or stock type seat. The leather absorbs the moisture and the foam molds to you. I bought the dual tour saddle. I had it made for my height, weight and inseam length. The passenger part of the seat and molded itself to my wife's keister. I'm going to buy another one this summer for around town for us. And save the big daddy for long trips. She has even stated that she's never been so comfortable on a bike. The seats are expensive. But it's also going in a $20,000 bike. Why not be 100% satisfied and comfortable is what I told myself. Just my .02 cents. Any one that has a Corbin will testify to what I'm saying. The soft foam seats will break down fast. Pretty soon you're sitting on the seat pan and you don't know it til the back and leg burners start. I used to wear a back brace when I rode long trips. I still take it with me, but it never makes it out of the saddlebag now. The seat has its own lumbar support built into the design. I am however going to get the rider back rest and possibly the passenger from Corbin that attack to the seat. If I ever buy a tour pack, that will be Corbin as well.