Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

merlot and cherry sunglo painted inner fairing

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012 | 09:40 PM
smurfsdad
|
Tourer
Default merlot and cherry sunglo painted inner fairing

I'm thinking of painting the inner fairing on my '10 Street Glide. I have the merlot sunglo and cherry red sunglo two tone paint. Trying to decide if I want the fairing painted the merlot or cherry red. Any of you out there have this paint scheme? What did you go with? Would really appreciate any pics of possible.
Appreciate any help!

Old 04-20-2012 | 09:45 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Based on your paint layout: Merlot.

Old 04-21-2012 | 08:37 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain

Different colors but I saw one one here that carried the two tone on the inner fairing. It was Awsome!

Old 04-21-2012 | 09:02 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member

I have the C&M Sunglow paint. I went with the Vivid Black inner faring. I felt that that going with the bike's paint on the inner faring would be a little much for my taste.

If I had gone that route, I would have keyed off of the color of the top half of the gas tank and use the opposite color for most of the inner faring. Air-brushing the guage holes dark then feathering out to the desired sunglow color would probably look damn sharp.

Another approach, and wish I had done mine this way, is to keep the majority of the inner faring vivid black, but in the quage holes have the Cherry Sunglow then ease that out and merge it with the vivid black by just feathering the transition. I think that would look best of all. Good luck with your choice...it's hard to go wrong with any kind of painted inner faring compared to the dull, lackluster, stocky crappy look.

Old 04-25-2012 | 08:24 PM
TrickFLHX
6th Gear

I'm having my inner fairing painted with both merlot and cherry red sunglo on my 2010 SG to match the outer fairing including the gold that separates the colors. I should have it done next week and will post pics.

Old 04-25-2012 | 08:36 PM
bglider
Tourer

I would go with the darker of the two. And while getting this done, if i was lucky enough to have a great son, i would get his fairing painted for him! Lol!

Old 04-25-2012 | 08:57 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

I'll be different. I would really enjoy riding that bike with a Cherry Sunglow inner Fairing!

Old 04-26-2012 | 06:55 AM
smurfsdad
|
Tourer

Thanks guys for your input. That helped. Have my fairing in for painting. Will go with the merlot sunglo.

Old 04-26-2012 | 07:01 AM
smurfsdad
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by bglider
I would go with the darker of the two. And while getting this done, if i was lucky enough to have a great son, i would get his fairing painted for him! Lol!
Thanks for the suggestion bglider. And by the way, I DO have a great son!

Old 04-26-2012 | 10:03 AM
bglider
Tourer

You are a lucky man!

Quick Reply: merlot and cherry sunglo painted inner fairing