Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok guys, how do I fix this trim ring gap..

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Pom1
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Trim ring gap removal Visor or Frenched headlight

Finally a solution. Gap removal no more gap Under or around the headlight, prevent the bugs from being stock in, fits either the visor or the frenched trim ring.

Attached Thumbnails ok guys, how do I fix this trim ring gap..-pub-pomone-300ppp2.jpg  
Old 01-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Sonny81
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pom1
Finally a solution. Gap removal no more gap Under or around the headlight, prevent the bugs from being stock in, fits either the visor or the frenched trim ring.
Have you more info?
What is it? On the site i could not find anything...
Thanks in advance

Giuseppe

Old 01-05-2015, 10:15 PM
ReidRik_Von
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Here is what I did a few years ago to fix the gap at the bottom of the ring...link.

I still have the gap around the headlight.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:44 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did it on 2 bikes and just massaged it to make it work -- adjust the ring, tighten, not quite right loosen and move just a bit -- don't make huge moves -- really wasn't that bad at all

Old 01-26-2015, 06:15 PM
sixshooter
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Do the pre-14 bikes have the black plastic trim piece behind the bezel that extends up over the light? I'm installing my visor trim ring and it seems to grip more securely with the factory ring behind it, but there isn't enough clearance between the factory visor and that black plastic piece for the visor to fit in without rubbing. I'm contemplating trimming the black piece down so it's just a ring behind the mounting surface to maintain clearance, which will give me the clearance behind the light bucket ring for the lip of my visor ring to grip.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Pom1
4th Gear
Default Visor Trim Ring gap removal

Hi, There is finally a solution that work well and easy to install. it is the trim gap removal. I tried different method on the post, ad they either does not work..for me. or create different problem, like gap around the contour, or the trim ring turn on itself, or water entering the headlight assembly... and they were mostly hard to install or required drilling the headlight assembly.

With this ingeneous system, everybody can install them in minutes, No drilling, welding, cutting etc.. with full pictures guide. See attachment or see this site. www.hayteaser.com, and go to new product.

Attached Thumbnails ok guys, how do I fix this trim ring gap..-pub-pomone-300ppp2.jpg  
Old 02-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Pom1
4th Gear

Hi Giuseppe, The site was not update on time for the new product, sorry about that. It is now on the site, as new product. www.hayteaser.com. This product will easily close the gap and will leave no gap around the headlight either, no drillng, cutting or welding. Enjoy

Old 02-04-2015, 11:33 AM
OfficerP
Intermediate

The owner of the site wants to charge $22 for his cunning system. Isn't the point of the forum to share information and brag a little on our bikes we love. I call B.S.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:26 PM
nervous
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

My solution last summer was to not use the trim ring over the stock ring. What I did was to run a strip of the thick rubberized weather stripping, probably the 1/2" wide x 1/4" thick around the space just behind the headlamp mounting plate. You get the idea. That offered enough fill and sealing to securely tighten the trim ring with no gaps anywhere. Looks and works great. No pic now because it's -20 here and the bike is in storage... Cmon spring.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:45 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,300 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Originally Posted by nervous
No pic now because it's -20 here and the bike is in storage... Cmon spring.
This has nothing to do with the thread...but it's supposed to be 72° here tomorrow (Saturday)...if that makes you feel any better

Quick Reply: ok guys, how do I fix this trim ring gap..