Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost dumped her!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 02:32 PM
PlotMH
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was backing into a parking spot yesterday & hit a patch of gravel. Left foot took off and the point of no return went by pretty fast. I layed her down and then things got exciting. I recently underwent a hip replacement (3 months ago) and do not have my strength back. I got down to raise the bike and nothing moved. I needed to find a willing assistant to help. I instructed him on the proper way to lift a touring bike and he did a great job, I think he surprised himself. The guy was 2/3 my size so I think he thought this was some kind of trick. Other than my ego, nothing was harmed. Now it's time for more strength building exercises.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:36 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MareRider
We got to ride about 200 miles yesterday afternoon and stopped after a few hours for a bite to eat. The streetside parking spot had a slight slope to it & there was sand out about 2 ft from the curb, as I soon found out... My left foot slid out about a foot & I was on the very edge of keeping us up and considering the last resort of having to try to lay it down gently.
All of a sudden the bike felt lighter & I was able to right it. Talking to the wife about it, she said her foot wouldn't reach the ground but she did lean as far as she could the opposite way. Her fast thinking kept us upright.
Good thinking on the part of your good lady to think about that! A bit of adrenalin probably didn't hurt either either.