Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before I Scrape the side of my foot

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Nate1977
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before I Scrape the side of my foot

Are there any wider floorboards out there that will not reduce lean angle,My foot all the way on the stock boards hangs about 1/2 way off.2012 Ultra Classic..

Thanks for any info nate

Old 04-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

You can put on an aftermarket kit that pushes the floorboard out about +/- 1 inch, but they will slightly reduce your lean angle before the scrape.
Also kits that will move them a little forward.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Eric Moore
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

just keep your feet on the highway pegs....

Old 04-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Look on here for the sponsor Harley Goodies. They may a kit for cheap that gives you about an inch on each side. Awesome company and GREAT customer service. I have sold a set of these to everyone I know that rides. They are great...

Old 04-19-2012, 10:21 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I put SOOS floorboard extenders on mine to get them an inch out and added Kuryakyn ISO boards front and rear. They are wider and longer and afford a lot more positions for my big dawgs. Below is an old picture of them (3 years ago) they still look and perform great!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Short Fuze
Intermediate

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
Look on here for the sponsor Harley Goodies. They may a kit for cheap that gives you about an inch on each side. Awesome company and GREAT customer service. I have sold a set of these to everyone I know that rides. They are great...
+1 They are great.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:07 AM
NC_John
Intermediate

Anything wider will eat lean angle..... I assume if you are scraping your boot, you are riding fairly aggressively. I came off a hyperbike (ZX-9R) when I started riding my glide and still ride the FL a bit beyond what Willie G and the boys had in mind when they started building them. I drag parts- a lot.

I intentionally hang my boot off the board about 1/2" so that it does touch pavement first. That is my early warning system to let me know I am running out of clearance and gives me a chance to back it down a notch.

If you hit the floorboard pan first, the next thing to hit ground is the board brackets/mount which will not give as easily. I've pivoted the rear wheel off the ground on the board brackets/mounts and have never liked it. Been lucky as hell to not lowside the bike when it happened. I had the boards spaced out but found they touched down way to early. I now have them back in tight and mounted as high as they'll go. Not as comfortable but a compromise made for more "spirited riding."

Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Anything wider will reduce lean angle, however the amount of angle that is lessened is very minimal with any of these kits.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:23 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Im using the Kuryaykn "Floorboard Relocators" $ 99.00
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/83/Relocator-Brackets
they move the boards out 1" and forward 1" but moving them forward 1" it helps to make up for the loss of lean angle that you get by moving out 1" since the fatrher forward they go they move slightly up. i'm 6'3" size 14 boots so the extra legroom is a plus.

Harley also just came out with these new Floorboards
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Rider Running Boards
Stretching your legs and moving your feet during a long ride relieves muscle tension and reduces rider fatigue. At 4" longer (1" in front, 3" in back) and ˝" wider than the Original Equipment rider footboards, these ergonomically-friendly running boards provide plenty of space for the rider to reposition their feet for maximum comfort. When used in conjunction with available Extended Brake and Shift Levers, the long legged rider will have even more room to stretch out on long rides. The easy-to-install kit includes left and right footboard pans with vibration-isolated inserts that are styled to complement the Crested Bar & Shield controls collection, or most other chrome and rubber collections.

Chrome

Fits '00-later FL SoftailŽ (except FLS, FLSTFB, FLSTN and FLSTSE/2/3) and '00-later Touring models. Not compatible with Jiffy Stand Kit P/N 50000005 or Jiffy Stand Extension Kit P/N 50233-00, 50000008 or 50000023.

MSRP US $199.95

Attached Thumbnails Before I Scrape the side of my foot-floorboard.jpg   Before I Scrape the side of my foot-floorboard-brake-pic.jpg   Before I Scrape the side of my foot-flside.jpg  
Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 AM
dstrat1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NC_John
Anything wider will eat lean angle..... I assume if you are scraping your boot, you are riding fairly aggressively. I came off a hyperbike (ZX-9R) when I started riding my glide and still ride the FL a bit beyond what Willie G and the boys had in mind when they started building them. I drag parts- a lot.

I intentionally hang my boot off the board about 1/2" so that it does touch pavement first. That is my early warning system to let me know I am running out of clearance and gives me a chance to back it down a notch.

If you hit the floorboard pan first, the next thing to hit ground is the board brackets/mount which will not give as easily. I've pivoted the rear wheel off the ground on the board brackets/mounts and have never liked it. Been lucky as hell to not lowside the bike when it happened. I had the boards spaced out but found they touched down way to early. I now have them back in tight and mounted as high as they'll go. Not as comfortable but a compromise made for more "spirited riding."
I have the extenders and like them...On the left side the kickstand hits first and serves as a warning , but on the right the floorboard braket is the first thing to touch down and so you are unweighting the front or rear tire immediately...i wish i had a good fix for that, ie a redesigned bracket...on my old pan the boards would hit and slowly fold up giving you lots of warning....

Quick Reply: Before I Scrape the side of my foot