Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelmoto 107 Big Bore Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 02:36 PM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,813 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristoHD
jamala00 - pardon me for a sec, I promise I am not trying to hijack your thread... ;-)

So for those of you who have had the 107 upgrade from FM - did you get the manual compression releases? If you didn't, do you notice any difference when starting your bike?

Also - oil coolers, is this necessary? Did you have one before the 107UG? Did you put one on after the 107 UG?

TIA

Now back to jamala00 thread. :-)

LOL no problem!!!

Oil Cooler.. I asked Jamie at Fuelmoto and he said it would run a bit hotter but still within very reasonable temps. However he did say adding an oil cooler is never a bad idea.. I am adding one... Can't answer your other question..

Old 04-19-2012, 02:37 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

jamala00 - pardon me for a sec, I promise I am not trying to hijack your thread... ;-)

So for those of you who have had the 107 upgrade from FM - did you get the manual compression releases? If you didn't, do you notice any difference when starting your bike?

Also - oil coolers, is this necessary? Did you have one before the 107UG? Did you put one on after the 107 UG?

TIA

ChristoHD, I didin't have releases done, my bike is a 2012 and they have automatic releases. I did however, turn them off with the tuner for a while to see how it was and had no problem firing the bike. In fact, it turned right over, no extra revolutions, reminded me of my shovelhead, instant fire. I did turn them back on though because with the added compression and the MOCO making things cheaper and cheaper, I figured in the long run, the less strain on the starter the better. As far as oil coolers, again standard on mine, I think oil coolers are always a good idea on a Harley.....

Old 04-19-2012, 02:41 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

TIA

as i said a few replies back, no compression releases, no issues with starting. as far as an oil cooler, i put one on my bike last year when the hd dealer in tx had a special on the premium oil cooler for $200.00. like others, i did not feel i **had** to do it, but i wanted to do it as an oil cooler is never a bad idea......

Old 04-19-2012, 04:32 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jamala00
Oil Cooler.. I asked Jamie at Fuelmoto and he said it would run a bit hotter but still within very reasonable temps. However he did say adding an oil cooler is never a bad idea.. I am adding one... Can't answer your other question..
IMO any TC motor from a stone-stock 88" on up needs an oil cooler. If you plan on keeping the bike for 25k miles, don't bother--but it will help keep oil temps in control, and IMO that is good long-term insurance for both the oil and the engine.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:42 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks!

Based on everyone's feedback on this thread and the FM 107 thread as well - I called Direct Harley Parts and ordered the Jagg FP2400 Fan Oil Cooler. They were very helpful on the phone. Very good prices! And a little extra kick if you are a Forum Member.

Thanks everyone, and especially to Jamala00 for allowing me to borrow his thread for a bit! :-)

Originally Posted by jamala00
LOL no problem!!!

Originally Posted by frog13
ChristoHD, I didin't have releases done, my bike is a 2012 and they have automatic releases. I did however, turn them off with the tuner for a while to see how it was and had no problem firing the bike. In fact, it turned right over, no extra revolutions, reminded me of my shovelhead, instant fire. I did turn them back on though because with the added compression and the MOCO making things cheaper and cheaper, I figured in the long run, the less strain on the starter the better. As far as oil coolers, again standard on mine, I think oil coolers are always a good idea on a Harley.....
Originally Posted by skratch
as i said a few replies back, no compression releases, no issues with starting. as far as an oil cooler, i put one on my bike last year when the hd dealer in tx had a special on the premium oil cooler for $200.00. like others, i did not feel i **had** to do it, but i wanted to do it as an oil cooler is never a bad idea......

Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Another crazy question throw out there. Should you change your oil right prior to build or does FM do this as part of build process? Post build break in how long you run the oil before first change? jamala00 excuse me too not to hijack

Old 04-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Brighteyes4406
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acchd
Another crazy question throw out there. Should you change your oil right prior to build or does FM do this as part of build process? Post build break in how long you run the oil before first change? jamala00 excuse me too not to hijack
They will change your engine oil and primary. You run their oil for 1000 miles then swap it out.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:37 PM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,813 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by acchd
You guys ask away man.. I've got my questions answered... I just need to schedule with Jamie to get my mod done..!!

Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Brighteyes4406
They will change your engine oil and primary. You run their oil for 1000 miles then swap it out.
Both? Primary & engine oil, or just the engine oil? After the 1000 miles.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:03 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My starter clutch took a dump after 4000 miles. I would have compression releases done and I also would recommend the oil cooler. I don't have either but I see both in my future.

Quick Reply: Fuelmoto 107 Big Bore Kit