Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide rear fender extention on FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012 | 07:01 PM
Pioneer74
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Street Glide rear fender extention on FLHTK

My friend bought a used 2009 Ultra CVO. The previous owner put a Street Glide rear fender extention and light on it. I would like to do the same to get rid of the rear "bumper" on my 2012 FLHTK.

Does anybody know if it is possible to do it, and if so, what are the part numbers I need? My bike is Vivid Black. Can I get the fender extention already painted?

Thanks.

Old 04-18-2012 | 09:51 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
My friend bought a used 2009 Ultra CVO. The previous owner put a Street Glide rear fender extention and light on it. I would like to do the same to get rid of the rear "bumper" on my 2012 FLHTK.

Does anybody know if it is possible to do it, and if so, what are the part numbers I need? My bike is Vivid Black. Can I get the fender extention already painted?

Thanks.
I want to do the same thing on my 11 FLHTK but I think we have to have a new Streetglide fender too. I have replaced the rear turn signals and removed the Tour Pak but stll want that Streetglide look.

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide rear fender extention on FLHTK-001.jpg  
Old 04-18-2012 | 10:09 PM
PGDredd
Banned

I just put the Screamin' Eagle fender extension or taillight valance or whatever you wanna call it on my SG....so I have what you are looking for FOR SALE!

Make me an offer and I'll sell you my fender extension AND the tail light bar for a good price....way cheaper than HD! My fender extension does have the tri-bar LED's in the bottom and the wire harness to it, and it's Sadona Orange right now, so you'd have to paint it.

I also know a guy with a nice clean Vivid Black '10 SG rear fender he'll sell you cheap if you really need the fender to make it work. I think you could use the valance, but for the lights you'd probably need the fender just to cover where the center brakelight was before.

Here's a pic of what I have before I took it off the bike. It's in my garage on the workbench now, I'll try and get some pics of it for you posted up, but there's not a scratch on any of it:

And this is what I changed it to:

Old 04-18-2012 | 10:45 PM
Pioneer74
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Udawg
I want to do the same thing on my 11 FLHTK but I think we have to have a new Streetglide fender too. I have replaced the rear turn signals and removed the Tour Pak but stll want that Streetglide look.
Did you use the Tour Pak detachable kit from HD? If so, is what is in your picture the chrome license plate holder the kit comes with?

Old 04-18-2012 | 11:52 PM
Pioneer74
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by PGDredd
I just put the Screamin' Eagle fender extension or taillight valance or whatever you wanna call it on my SG....so I have what you are looking for FOR SALE!

Make me an offer and I'll sell you my fender extension AND the tail light bar for a good price....way cheaper than HD! My fender extension does have the tri-bar LED's in the bottom and the wire harness to it, and it's Sadona Orange right now, so you'd have to paint it.

I also know a guy with a nice clean Vivid Black '10 SG rear fender he'll sell you cheap if you really need the fender to make it work. I think you could use the valance, but for the lights you'd probably need the fender just to cover where the center brakelight was before.
I saw you had them for sale when I was looking for a Street Glide seat. Don't know if I want to go as far as changing my rear fender to get the extention, but will keep this in mind.

Old 04-19-2012 | 12:09 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

I saw you had them for sale when I was looking for a Street Glide seat. Don't know if I want to go as far as changing my rear fender to get the extention, but will keep this in mind.
Once you remove the fender tip light, you'll have holes in the OEM rear fender that are visible when the SG fascia is installed. That's why most who do this mod on EG's and RG's replace the fender.

In the case of your buddy's CVO Ultra, those come with a "plain" rear fender; i.e., no fender tip light--the fascia on your buddy's CVO Ultra was not a factory painted part since the fascia is not produced by HD in the CVO colors.

And, yes, the fascia is available from HD color-matched for any production, non-CVO SG or FLTRX color; and, in your case vivid black.

Carl

Old 04-19-2012 | 03:01 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

if anyone is interested I have a mint new take off fascia and light with harness and plug.....vivid black it is in my signature pic

Old 04-19-2012 | 10:13 AM
Udawg
HDF Community Team

Did you use the Tour Pak detachable kit from HD? If so, is what is in your picture the chrome license plate holder the kit comes with?
Actually, I don't have the detachable Tour Pak kit. I just removed the Tour Pak and then replaced the turn signals with a 2009 StreetGlide turn signal kit with license plate attachment. It comes with a rear tail light lens that shines down on the license plate instead of up on the license plate like the stock one does. I still plan on getting the detachable kit but wanted it off now instead of waiting on the money for the kit.

Old 05-17-2012 | 08:39 AM
PGDredd
Banned

Here is my facia that I previouly mentioned was for sale....you don't have to change the fender to put it on, I thought you were talking about to use the Street Glide tail light bar:

Old 05-17-2012 | 09:36 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member

Like Carl said on the EG's & Ultra's you'd be left with holes in fender where fender tip light is presently. Plug n Play method would be a complete '09 Street Glide fender/fascia turn signal & taillight assembly if you want to keep the taillight. If you don't mind getting rid of taillight you could go for a '10-12 SG/RG custom complete fender assembly but it uses a different connector to main harness so a little wiring may be required but can be done. The complete fender assembly's are frequently on Ebay.

Quick Reply: Street Glide rear fender extention on FLHTK