Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Apes did you put on your RG?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

The Yaffe OEM Monkey bars have a 6" pullback which is pretty good. The Outlawz have 8" of pullback.

Last edited by Hogpro; 04-18-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:16 AM
trhayes76
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Man I'm glad you posted, saw a pic of your the other day but didn't remember your Screen Name. I had a set of these in chrome on my old RK, and liked them, but on the CVO RGC seem I'm sitting further back than any of my other touring bikes.

How big are you and how do these feel compared to stock? On the stock bars on the CVO I love the wrist angle but fine myself reaching forward and down too much.
6'4" 280...I could probably push them forward a bit, but am waiting to settle on a windshield first...I picked the Carlini's because they have less pullback than the Wild 1's (7 vs 12 I think)..I was looking for a flatter hand position. I like the position these are in....hope this helps...

Old 04-18-2012, 11:42 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

going to the ape side there Medic,...? It must have been your last trip on that special road to make you change your mind....lol

Old 04-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by murph
going to the ape side there Medic,...? It must have been your last trip on that special road to make you change your mind....lol
Had nothing to do with the special road my tour guide took me down, lol. That just makes me want new shocks.

The stock bars are just too low and too forward for me, back is killing me after Sunday's trip man.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:07 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts
Default pullback question

I find this topic interesting and the word "pullback" mentioned quite a bit. Can someone explain how this is measured? Isn't pullback just how much you personally have them adjusted in the clamps, (pulled back or pushed forwards)? Thanks

Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DeneFXDWG
I find this topic interesting and the word "pullback" mentioned quite a bit. Can someone explain how this is measured? Isn't pullback just how much you personally have them adjusted in the clamps, (pulled back or pushed forwards)? Thanks
Pullback is how much the bars come back from the center clamp, yes tilting the bars forward or back can affect this but only to a certain extent.

http://www.brcustomcycles.com/MEASURING_NEW_BARS_UP.php

Old 04-18-2012, 03:29 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by DeneFXDWG
you can increase or decrease pullback by rotating your bars forward or back , but pullback is the distance measured from the handlebar risers back to where your grips are , most measure this distance assuming the bars will be aligned with your fork angle

Old 04-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by trhayes76
6'4" 280...I could probably push them forward a bit, but am waiting to settle on a windshield first...I picked the Carlini's because they have less pullback than the Wild 1's (7 vs 12 I think)..I was looking for a flatter hand position. I like the position these are in....hope this helps...
Thanks for the info it's a good point of reference. I'm only 5'11/225 so no where near as big a **** as you are. I have long arms for my size, but like I mentioned previously, the handlebars for me on the new bike are much further away than my old bike.

Just don't want to go through a few different sets of bars, the different seating position has changed all the necessary measurements for me.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

An ape style bar is the way to go as you can rotate them forward or back to your liking.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:14 PM
METALKAT
Tourer

Chubs Mini Apes, love them. Hands are level with my heart, seems to keep the circulation just right.

Quick Reply: What Apes did you put on your RG?