Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley headlamp modulation kit, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Here's a picture of the modulator switch on my bike, using the Kriss unit.

... there's no switch! In the daylight (only), when you switch to high beam, it modulates. Otherwise it's off.

Why would anyone want anything different?

Last edited by Ghosteh; 06-13-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Todd7446
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
your correct.. but i emailed Kisan - the P115W-LED is only compatible for the Trucklite Phase 6 and not the 7... The 7 has a internal power supply and its turn on speed is to slow to modulate the LED's i am told.
The P115W-LED works just fine with my Phase 7.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrjimbo
They are almost as annoying as those damn strobing brake lights, won't ride behind anyone with them, and won't ride in front of anyone with a strobing headlamp.
I've been riding for 35 years, ride like you are invisible.
That's funny, because I like my BAL1 brake light much more than my headlight modulator!

Yes, you're 100% invisible to some, and nothing can change that. Like others have said, they will run into trains and firetrucks and not see them.

However, some drivers don't have their head quite so far up their **** and a flashing light makes them pop it out and take a look around. Whatever I can do to yank their consciousness away from their texting and mindless zombie tasks just increases the safety of me & whoever is riding with me.

Like I said in another thread, if my daughter is riding with me, I'd drag trashcan lids behind me if that would make me more visible to some of the driving zombies.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:07 PM
DrDave4
Novice

I have a 2010 HD dyno FXDC and the headlight bucket is too small for the Kisan to fit in the bucket and put the headlight back on . I have used the Kisan on my BMW R1150RT and it works fine The HD unit is a traight forward installation as well I have to rewire my auxillary lighting to install the HD unit but that will not be a problem. People do see the flashing lights as some get irritated with me and yell at me occasionally but they DO SEE ME !!! Dr Dave

Old 11-14-2012, 04:15 PM
DrDave4
Novice

YOu do nto live in California where people in cages are distracted by Iphones, dashboard screens, coffee, makeup, headphones, and just plain self centered people who do not care about motorcycles riding on the road with and next to them. I find the flashing lights do annoy them but they do see you. I Will take them off my motorcycle when I move back to Montana as the elk and deer do not care if your bike flashes a light or not. I live the Silicon Vally/ East Bay area and drivers here are terrible and a flashing light does seem to get their attention Dr Dave

Old 11-14-2012, 04:41 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Kriss headlight modulator model # H45003

My 06 FLH has the Kriss headlight modulator model # H45003. I know it was kinda a tight fit but has worked fine for 3 years now.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM
deuceriderusa
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Used a modulator for years, and I know it saved my butt on several occasions. It's not going to stop every idiot from doing something stupid, but I'll take any edge I can get. If it bothers cagers, so what - at least they see me coming.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Tactical111
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile See me now?

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
Flashing headlights belong on emergency vehicles, not motorcycles. I hate those damn things.
Like the one that responds when you get flattened by the cager that "didn't see you"? LMAO

Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Tactical111
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ghosteh
Here's a picture of the modulator switch on my bike, using the Kriss unit.

... there's no switch! In the daylight (only), when you switch to high beam, it modulates. Otherwise it's off.

Why would anyone want anything different?
I've had the Signal Dynamics unit on my Evo for over six years and it works well. Works on high or low beam; to deactivate just flip quickly to either beam and back and same to turn it back on again. Advantage is you can have the modulator working even if one of the filaments burns out and you can use the modulator on high beam and save the low beam for night riding. It also has the sensor that shuts it off automatically in low light.

Amazon Amazon

As far as the posters afraid of "annoying" someone I find getting flattened by cagers "annoying" too as I've been there and done that TWICE ( no headlight modulator btw both times).

Old 01-21-2013, 01:16 PM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it offends some one that I am watching out for my safety then I don't need you around anyway.
I ride for my safety first then that of the others around me PERIOD,
I have been left for dead after a car did not see me. Hit so hard cracked my head wide open thru a helmet. She left the scene hauling *** after turning left in front of me with no signal on. I was watching her but she just yanked left 15 foot from me. Luckily my buddy was there to save my *** and get me to a hospital.
Months later while talking in her room on the phone her mom heard her tell her friend that she never saw me and that she never told her mom. She told her parents that some kid at a party ran over her car and left. Mom took her to the scene wrote down address ,and went to the police station and three days later I was told they found her. Ya right after the cop wrote down that I just lost control.
Well her story was my story . She said she was sorry and her insurance paid for everything. And of course there was the apology from the officer for not believing me.
And yes my buddy hit the car too just barely, frt fender damage only.
So if a blinky light might save my life and that offends you then tough, so be it.

Last edited by BIGVTWIN; 01-21-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Harley headlamp modulation kit, anyone?