Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley headlamp modulation kit, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Thinking of adding one to my ride. Rather have the edge on being seen than not.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:56 PM
exWinger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for the Kisan Pathblazer modulator. This is the first thing I add to any new bike.

I know that people see the light and if I irritate a few people so be it....I've stopped counting the number of people that have irritated me while talking on their phones, putting on makeup, texting etc...

Ride Safe!

Old 04-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
I think that they irritate the general populace.

Just more of the "Damn motorcycles!" reaction on the part of cagers that won't understand how you could be so inconsiderate.

Plus I believe that they lead to a false sense of security when approaching intersections.
Modulators are no substitute for alert riding. They don't provide a free pass through intersections. Besides being irritating, I believe they really confuse folks in cages. Most folks don't know what they are and that in itself creates a hazardous situation. When I ride I try to reduce risk, not increase it by introducing a device that confuses and irritates. Nobody I know of wants to group ride with a modulated head lamp flashing in the rear view either. IMHO.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:32 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have my Kisan modulator for sale.. PM me if interested.. i went with a LEDhead light so cant use it anymore.. used only 4 months ( one season).. i do miss having it though.. hope they come out for LED's Headlight one day.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 PM
ghostrider45
Novice

I'm on my 4th bike and I've installed a headlight modulator (and air horn) on all my bikes. They seem common enough around here that they're not causing any obvious problems.

Too many people are absorbed in their own little worlds (usually on cellphones) so I'll take every advantage I can get. Even my helmet has a light on the back.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 04-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I am in the don't like camp on these. I believe they confuse the general public as well and they start doing really stupid things when they get confused. If someone gets behind me with one I will pull over and let them go on. Aggravating as hell in your rear view.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:32 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,008 Likes on 2,337 Posts

I have this one on both of my bikes-

http://www.headlightmodulator.com/

Also had them on my previous two bikes.

When riding in a group I do not use it, unless I am lead.

I have well over 200,000 miles riding with these, and have never had a situation where someone was so confused by it that they did something stupid.

I can count the # of times I have seen people see me because of it and stop some stupid move they were about to make.

I do know it is irritating, but like a previous poster said, I have stopped counting the times I am irritated each day by irresponsible cagers. The fact that they are irritated...at least they see me. BUT, I do NOT depend on it, it is NO guarantee whatsoever that it will prevent someone from turning in front of me...it is just a little extra edge.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-18-2012, 02:36 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
I have this one on both of my bikes-

http://www.headlightmodulator.com/

Also had them on my previous two bikes.

When riding in a group I do not use it, unless I am lead.

I have well over 200,000 miles riding with these, and have never had a situation where someone was so confused by it that they did something stupid.

I can count the # of times I have seen people see me because of it and stop some stupid move they were about to make.

I do know it is irritating, but like a previous poster said, I have stopped counting the times I am irritated each day by irresponsible cagers. The fact that they are irritated...at least they see me. BUT, I do NOT depend on it, it is NO guarantee whatsoever that it will prevent someone from turning in front of me...it is just a little extra edge.
They have an on/off switch, or did you add your own?

Old 04-18-2012, 08:49 AM
DanDolfn
Tourer

They have an on/off switch, or did you add your own?

the Kisan works on high beam only. to turn it off, switch to low beam.

it also has a light sensor and can only work during daylight.

Quick Reply: Harley headlamp modulation kit, anyone?