Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DriSlide?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012 | 04:08 AM
jjnoble
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default DriSlide?

I already posted this in another thread but decided to start a thread on this instead.

Do you think Drislide would work for brake pistons or the new teflon coated clutch cables? Anything else? I've never used it but I plan on getting some for my guns, wondering if it is good for the Harley too.

TESTED AND NAMED BEST GUN LUBE
In tests of weapons lubricants conducted during the Persian Gulf War, Dri-SlideŽ moly was named the best "for all parts that dust may get to: trigger groups, bolt carriers, operating rods, slides and barrels of pistols, M16 upper receivers, and for internal parts operating at high speeds and temperatures." Soldier of Fortune, February, 1991

GOES ON WETSTAYS ON DRY
Dri-SlideŽ Improved Weapons Lubricant goes on wet, penetrating into even the smallest spaces, and stays on dry after the liquid carrier evaporates. Dri-Slide provides long-lasting dry film protection, outlasts oily lubricants, does not attract dirt or dust, prevents rust and corrosion, and promotes a clean bore.

Dri-Slide, after the carrier evaporates, is
-40% Molybdenum Disulphide
-20% Graphite
-20% Zinc Dialkyldithiophosphate (ZDP)
-20% Petroleum based rust inhibitor
ZDP is the additive in most motor oils which tends to plate onto steel and neutralizes the acids produced when the hydrocarbons oxidize.
A very well thought out combination of ingredients for metal lubrication applications where grease would be too thick.

http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1247

Old 04-17-2012 | 05:54 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member

recently took my (new to me) sportster in for inspection at the dealer and they lubed the throttle cables with drislide. It worked long enough to pass inspection, but a few days later it started sticking again, I gave it a good shot of crc and it has been good ever since (a few months).....also the drislide made a hell of a mess, the graphite was all over the cable sheaths and switch controls, it cleaned off just fine but I just thought I would throw that out there....

Old 04-17-2012 | 01:25 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member

Some cable manufactures recommend not using anything. I would check with your's before putting any lube on them because it can cause problems when used on some cables.

Old 04-17-2012 | 01:34 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior

Don't use Dri Slide on teflon coated cables (newer clutch cables). If you use anything on the newer clutch cables, use a clear Silicon based lube, like Super Lube. I had some left over Dri Slide from previous scoot and use it to lube my jiffy stand.

TedMan

Old 04-17-2012 | 01:36 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member

Try I Knox