Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing Cap Rocker Switches

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013 | 09:38 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bdjhog
Perhaps I should clarify how I intend to use this. I need to be able to power one thing, the air compressor, from one "on" position and then power the solenoid release valve from the other "on" position. So what I need is a on-off-on double throw momentary switch. Will the Screaming Eagle switch you mention function in that capacity or is only an momentary on-off switch?
It will function in that capacity. I use it to open 2 garage doors. Let go of it, it's off. Forward will give you power for one thing and backward will power something else. It is momentary though. You have to hold it to keep current flowing.

Old 04-18-2013 | 09:48 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bdjhog
Perhaps I should clarify how I intend to use this. I need to be able to power one thing, the air compressor, from one "on" position and then power the solenoid release valve from the other "on" position. So what I need is a on-off-on double throw momentary switch. Will the Screaming Eagle switch you mention function in that capacity or is only an momentary on-off switch?

Yes, the CVO lock-unlock switch will work. It has one common and two normally open, momentary contacts. One contact can go to the compressor and the other can go to the release solenoid. You will be able to push up for compressor and down for release. Only thing is the icons on the toggle, they are pad locks, one is open and the other is close. But if you can live with that then you've got it made.

Old 04-18-2013 | 10:19 PM
7Sixpack7
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by White Ice
I believe H-D part #71764-07 is a momentary switch. It's the electronic lock-unlock switch for CVO tourpaks. I've read about guys using it for the 'garage door opener' mod.
Yup, did exactly that!