Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowering street glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Hollywood1966
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkrahn
For what it's worth, I have a 99Eglide that I lowered the front 2" and put 11" Progressive 412's in the back. Got some rubbing inside the back fender and the ride sucked with the 412's, so I put the stock shocks with lowering blocks back on; no more rubbing in the rear and better ride. The front fender would have been mashed if the 'towel bar' on the spot lite bracket had been there, as it is the screw on the headlight trim ring hits occasionaly. As far as I can tell the travel in the front is the same, just further up the fork tubes.
Thanx for the info, maybe ill just leave the front alone for now. Im hopin lowerin the rear an inch will get me flat footed enough that i will be happy.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:31 PM
torg97
6th Gear

Definitely some good input. Was about to order the progressive kit on an impulse purchase. Guess I'll wait to hear how hollywoods install and test ride goes.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Hollywood1966
Intermediate

Got my lowering kit in yesterday and got it installed. Set it on the 1 inch drop and put 150 miles on the bike so far and all is good. I am totally flat footed now wich is what i was shootin for. No bottoming out at all and it may just be me but over all the bike seems to handle better. Still plan on havin stock shocks cut down by bitchin baggers but am perfectly happy with the lowering blocks for now.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:52 AM
torg97
6th Gear

My kit came in yesterday but my bike was in the shop for a warranty repair(cruise control quit working). Glad to hear you're not having any issues. Should be installing mine on Monday and hope to have the same results.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Taterz
6th Gear
Thumbs down Lowering Sg 2012

Originally Posted by Hollywood1966
Got my lowering kit in yesterday and got it installed. Set it on the 1 inch drop and put 150 miles on the bike so far and all is good. I am totally flat footed now wich is what i was shootin for. No bottoming out at all and it may just be me but over all the bike seems to handle better. Still plan on havin stock shocks cut down by bitchin baggers but am perfectly happy with the lowering blocks for now.
I don't know how the red thing came up on my post above.sorry

Im just wandering about lowering 12 Sg in front. I need about 1 to 1 1/2. Not sure if need to lowered in the back or not?

Last edited by Taterz; 04-28-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 PM
txlen
Cruiser

I lowered mine with the kit on ebay and did the middle hole which it says is 2 inches lower and I have no bottoming or rubbing even with 2 up on it.. i can pretty much touch flat footed but i still hate the ride the air shocks give me... oh.. mine is a 2012 model...and i have the sundowner seat on it.. i mite have to try for a mean city cycles seat too...

Old 04-29-2012, 08:13 AM
torg97
6th Gear

Originally Posted by txlen
I lowered mine with the kit on ebay and did the middle hole which it says is 2 inches lower and I have no bottoming or rubbing even with 2 up on it.. i can pretty much touch flat footed but i still hate the ride the air shocks give me... oh.. mine is a 2012 model...and i have the sundowner seat on it.. i mite have to try for a mean city cycles seat too...
The mean city cycles seat is worth gettiing done just for the comfort. It will also get you closer to the ground. I'm out of town for a wedding and have my lowering kit and Rinehart true duals waiting to be installed as soon as I get home. Gonna try the 1 inch first and hope that it works.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Str33tgl1de
Cruiser

can any of you guys post some pics of it installed i just went to pick up my kit today and i will be installing it this weekend are you guys having to jack the bike up off the ground? i dont have a motorcycle jack and i dont want to have to buy one just to install this. i figured if i do one side at a time i should be alright.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 PM
vickygiordano
3rd Gear

I had the legends air ride installed and totally lost the ride. It was very rigid so I had it removed. I have a mustang seat that I have had narrowed and foam removed for $100 and that helps as I am 5'6" but would still like it lowered a little. Anybody heard of switching out tires to make it lower? Saw that on some forum.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:29 PM
OSAENZ27
2nd Gear

I've been wanting to lower my sg 12'. I have been looking at the Arnott and the Legends air systems. Vicky can you tell me why the ride was so bad. I heard good and bad. Thanks.

Quick Reply: lowering street glide