Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming Eagle Auto Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:34 PM
ariale72
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screaming Eagle Auto Tuner

I have a 2012 SG, I put on V&H Big Radius, and opened up the back of the stock air cleaner. I flashed the ecm with the auto tuner to the program with the racing pipes and air filter kit.. Bike is running like crap... What should I do to correct this.. Can I flash the ecm back to factory.. The dealer told me I had to do this when I changed the pipes, but the bike ran great with out doing the auto tuner ? HELP !!

Thanks in advance

Old 04-16-2012, 04:46 AM
HD101st
Tourer

as far as flashing back you may need to go to the digital tech at the dealer but when going to pipes and A/C you need to get it dynoed to ensure the A/F mixture is ok

Old 04-16-2012, 05:23 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by ariale72
I have a 2012 SG, I put on V&H Big Radius, and opened up the back of the stock air cleaner. I flashed the ecm with the auto tuner to the program with the racing pipes and air filter kit.. Bike is running like crap... What should I do to correct this.. Can I flash the ecm back to factory.. The dealer told me I had to do this when I changed the pipes, but the bike ran great with out doing the auto tuner ? HELP !!

Thanks in advance
When you say, "you opened up the back of the air cleaner". Did you replace the entire intake & filter?

Old 04-16-2012, 06:05 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

I'm a little confused about the Screamin Eagle AUTO TUNER part. Are you saying you had the dealer simply flash a SE stage 1 download on your bike?? I've never heard the stage one reffered to as an auto tuner. The newer downloads are not the same as the old ones that had a "race" download and a standard download. The new ones do not add fuel, they simply change the timing and are designed to correct for either an aircleaner change OR a exhaust change, not both. The newer O2 sensors are a bit wider band than the older 18mm but do have thier limits.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:05 AM
ariale72
6th Gear

I did the work myself.. I changed my pipes, and just took off the back of the stock air cleaner to allow more air to pass thru.. I bought a new tuner about a week ago.. and flashed the computer with the program that came up that was condusive to the work i did.. but now the bike is running like crap.... popping on decel, and feels like shes holding back at certain accel positions..

Old 04-16-2012, 07:11 AM
ariale72
6th Gear

I did the work myself.. I changed my pipes, and just took off the back of the stock air cleaner to allow more air to pass thru.. I bought a new tuner about a week ago.. and flashed the computer with the program that came up that was condusive to the work i did.. but now the bike is running like crap.... popping on decel, and feels like shes holding back at certain accel positions..

Last edited by ariale72; 04-16-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

If you just took the back of the AC housing off and did not use a different back the air cleaner is not cleaning as the stock filter seals up against the backing plate. I would get a different cleaner ASAP. What map did you use when you "flashed the computer". What pipes are you running?

Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 AM
boom23
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re-check the map you used. You may have used a map for different cams.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne350G
If you just took the back of the AC housing off and did not use a different back the air cleaner is not cleaning as the stock filter seals up against the backing plate. I would get a different cleaner ASAP. What map did you use when you "flashed the computer". What pipes are you running?
+1...not a good idea taking the back off the a/c; this is where your problem is. By rights, you didn't need to "flash" the ECM at all because you truly did not do a Stage1. The map yopu used is expecting a high flow a/c & intake, thus it made adjustments accordingly.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:08 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ariale72

First Im a little confused.

What tuner did you use ? What is the "Auto Tuner" you can do a auto tune with the SE Pro version but it involves logging data not just a flash? Did you buy a SE Performance Street Tuner (SEPST) or the SE Pro Super Tuner (SEPST) ?

If you got the Street Tuner is very limited and wont get you anything but EPA tunes . if you got the Pro version there is no reason that once the bike is truly a Stage 1 you wont be able to get it properly tuned.

I agree with some of the other posts correct the A/C first, then check all of the exhaust for a correct fit and no air leaks then select the correct MAP and map.

Quick Reply: Screaming Eagle Auto Tuner