Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming Eagle Auto Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:01 PM
ariale72
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the super tuner pro.. The map i put in said, Racing pipes/ open air... are you telling me if I put on the screaming eagle elbo A/C this will fix my problem ?

Old 04-16-2012, 01:04 PM
ariale72
6th Gear

Also, i am running v&h big radius pipes..

Old 04-16-2012, 01:23 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Actually, what you should have done was install the exhaust and leave everything else alone. Getting an a/c & intake will surely help, but you may still have to try a different mapping. I would hardly say that V&H Big Radius are racing pipes.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:32 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ariale72
I used the super tuner pro.. The map i put in said, Racing pipes/ open air... are you telling me if I put on the screaming eagle elbo A/C this will fix my problem ?
That MAP will not be correct for your set up. V & H Big radius are not "racing pipes". If you have the Pro Tuner I believe that you can self tune. id read up on it and then do some data runs and make the adjustments to the ECM yourself of take it to a dyno guy.

In the meantime with your set up you would probably be better off with the stock calibration

Old 04-16-2012, 02:03 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

I agree...the stock calibration would be better.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

"but the dealer said to......"

Old 04-16-2012, 08:17 PM
ariale72
6th Gear
Thumbs up

Yes, " THE DEALER SAID TO ".. I have to say, all of you guys were rigght at some point in this thread, as I tried everything that was suggested. At first the bike ran great before I mapped it, then it had an ever so slight pop at decel, so, like the dealer said, I mapped it.. Well, in the end, everything that was said to do to my bike was wrong, but hd forums helped.. I figured out today that I did need to get the Screaming Eagle A/C, once I put it on, the bike ran it's *** off... I spent 5 hours trying all different scenario's and maps, but the 1 that worked best was Racing pipes/ open A/C kit... ***** to the wall..

Thanks for all the help guys... very informative stuff... And believe me, last time I listen to a dealer or any of my friends... was actually the first and last.. got to get familiarized with this new stuff, but in the end, I will be an ace...

Thank again

Tony....

Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

You guys kill me! No dyno experience but you know which map to use and which one not to! For the purpose of a place to start with a map V&H Big Radius DO fall into the "racing pipe" catagory. They are a large diameter baffle straight through pipe.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:55 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default u tried the autotune feature yet

no matter what i program i tired at 3 different engine builds as i progressed each year, the program always had problems right out of the can so to speak. i either had dead spots, decel poping , hard starting. do a search in here for sepst race tuner and read all the files, once u learn how to use the smart tune and get 5-6 maps to regenerate or improve your map your using the bike wont run right. the smart tune will get more relistic air flows to the cylinders or ve tables as they are called. you said u used a racetune pipe program and the other stuff that goes with that description in the maps may be way out of sinc with what your motor has in it. what is the map number u used from the race tuner files, so we can look at the desription and see why it may be so wrong for u. also depending on which map u choose and the differences in engine parts can make a difference in the ve tables and timing table big time. my engine for example has a difference of about 10 dregees of timing depending on which map i pick and that is huge especially it it starts pinging because of too high a timing. there is still alot for me to learn about the race tuner and if anyone doesnt really understand new style fuel injection and electronic controls in these sytems and roughly how they work, it can be a nightmare for most. the dealer obviously just wanted to make more bucks off u. I have always heard that if u change the air cleaner only no map change required. if you change the pipes only no map changes required. if both are changed then u need a stage 1 upgrade. most of the dealers lately have siad there is no such thing as a stage 1 upgrade any more others say there is, i think it depends on weather of not they want to sell u a racetuner. Im not even sure u can get a race tuner that u can cahnge things on anymore, the latest one i see in the se catalog says to be loaded by the dealers.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 2009blackpearle
Im not even sure u can get a race tuner that u can cahnge things on anymore, the latest one i see in the se catalog says to be loaded by the dealers.

The Super Tuner IS FULLY ADJUSTABLE by anyone that wans to get the software and cables. If you knew what exhaust the maps were designed arond they would work perfectly right out of the box but since we dont know that information changes MUST be made to accomadate that difference and the difference from one motor to the next, that is where experience and dyno time come into play!

Quick Reply: Screaming Eagle Auto Tuner