Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First 100 MPH hug.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012 | 08:56 PM
Silverback2011
Cruiser

Great to hear that your wife enjoys riding with you, my wife didn't like riding on my SG with the stock seat so I got a HD Sundowner for my bike and she said it is a huge improvement for the passenger.
It's a bit bigger than the stock seat and I didn't like the look at first but I got used to it and it looks fine now, with a MSRP US $329.95 I think that is a great value, especially if you can find one cheaper on e-bay like I did.
The only problem I have is when I put the cruise on and hold my hands up off the bars my wife hits me.
That should stop soon as she is taking her riding course next month and already has a Sportster waiting for her in the Garage.

Old 04-16-2012 | 10:55 PM
brandss
Road Captain

Happy for you and your wife. I'm sure the more she gets on it the happier she will be. My story, if anyone is interested. Wife and I got married 7 years ago. I wanted to get back into riding, she put her foot down. 5 years later, thanks to a book she read, I ended up getting the green light to get the bike (yeah I know, I'm the man, shouldnt have to get approval, what ever). She rides on the back for 2 months, decides she'd like to take the riders course, I buy her a Honda Shadow, rides it for 3 months and 3000 miles, then buys her fatboy. Took her 3 months to get her Harley, took me 5 years. Something is wrong with that picture

Old 04-17-2012 | 12:57 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member

My wife has always ridden her own but her health has prevented her from riding for the past couple years. We sold her bike a year ago with the promise I would buy her another one when she can ride again. While she is not ready for her own yet, she has started getting on the back of mine which is new to me for sure!

She never said a word or complained when I left for a ride by myself, but lately every time she sees me putting my gear on I hear this almost timid voice saying "Can I go too?" What can I say but "get your boots on."