Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First 100 MPH hug.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012 | 09:40 PM
drukanfu
Supporter

I'll bet you will get many more hugs with a larger more comfortable seat for her and a quick detach backrest. One second to take the backrest off and 30 seconds to change seats. Just suggesting.

Old 04-15-2012 | 09:47 PM
sbledsoe
Cruiser

Congrats man!! My wife threatens to beat me in my sleep if my bike leaves the driveway without her... lol Actually that's the reason I bought the Ultra Limited because she said she wanted to ride with me...she wasn't kidding either, of the 7000 miles we have on the bike, I have only ridden solo about 150miles and those were just to the dealer for service/mods. She loves riding and I love having her ride with me....Making memories man...that's what it's all about for us.....gathering material for our rocking chairs days

Old 04-15-2012 | 11:00 PM
Timekeeper10
Cruiser

I rode by myself for a few months to "practice" before she would get on. I can still feel her tensing up a bit on the curves but I have tried to take it slow and easy to build her confidence (and mine). We go for 40-60 mile rides after work and weekends but I really want to load the bike and take a trip. If we can figure out the dog issue we are gone! Hopefully we will be ready by the time the Bikes, Blues and BBQ event comes around in Fayettville this fall.

Old 04-16-2012 | 05:50 AM
bogieb
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by drukanfu
I'll bet you will get many more hugs with a larger more comfortable seat for her and a quick detach backrest. One second to take the backrest off and 30 seconds to change seats. Just suggesting.
+1 on that. That seat is alright for short rides, but even then a backrest would help ever so much. Longer rides she'll appreciate a wider seat.

Old 04-16-2012 | 05:59 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Wife hadn't rode since last year when we went to the mountains...Saturday we took a ride after i convinced her....She said damn this feels good...she said i almost forgot how good it felt....was her 1st ride on the Sundowner compared to the Mustang...She likes it butt it was only a short ride...we had the Mustang for 68000 miles....

Old 04-16-2012 | 07:39 AM
Cigarmessenger
Cruiser

The only thing better than having and riding a Harley is doing so two up with your SO. We love to weekend on it. Looking forward to longer trips. We recently got helmet to helmet wireless intercoms makes it even better

Old 04-16-2012 | 08:08 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

When I got my Road King I though my wife would not like riding .... damn, was I wrong.

Old 04-16-2012 | 10:30 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Thumbs up

Congratulations to both of you. Give your wife a hug from all of us!

As for comfort a decent seat for her is a must. You are allowed to have as many seats as you like, when solo, but treat her well when you ride together. My wife and I have done tours of up to 3,500 miles together, so the World is your oyster!

Old 04-16-2012 | 11:18 AM
Beav
Road Warrior

Congrats bud!

Sure is nice to have her on board.

Overnight touring trips are always great.

Good for you.

Beav

Old 04-16-2012 | 06:49 PM
PhoneGuy-MI
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Depdog
Thats cool, congrats brother. I was just about to start the same type of thread.

My wife took her first ride with me today on my 2012 Street Glide. She was scared, but liked it and had a good time. Course we only rode around the neighborhood a couple to times, but it's a start and it was nice to have her with me.

Glenn
Glenn - That is cool that we shared the same experience on the same day. My wife and I only drove a few miles as the weather up here in MI wasn't all that great yesterday but we did manage to get out in between the rain storms.

Originally Posted by drukanfu
Thanks drukanfu and I am sure we will upgrade the seat in due time. First a few miles to get a good understanding of what she does and doesn't like.

- It is good to read all the input from everyone. Riding and spending time with my wife is one of my life long dreams that has come true. Now time to build the memories.

Bob

Quick Reply: First 100 MPH hug.