Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE adjustable push rods nut problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hog-doc
If I google it is it going to lead me right back here? Land of the over exaggerated problems!

The problem here used to be that they came loose all the time now the nuts are cracking? Still sounds like installation errors to me.

Like I said we've installed hundreds and hundreds of sets with ZERO problems!
ha ha thats funny....so we should use the stock stuff and not worry about it....if the nuts crack...then oh well. I would use the stock rods....but as I said...after 11K, they all bent...so still need to figure out what the best solution is.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:21 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Before anything else you need to find out why your stock ones bent! That would indicate an interferance somewhere between the pistons and the lifters.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Reaper22
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too used loctite on my adjustable, had heck of a time readjusting several times but there's enough on them I won't worry bout coming loose knock on wood, do have? , so the nuts crack during install or after time? Cuz I know mine.did not on install and they have bout 5000 miles on them and still tight...but like I said I have prolly too much loctight on them...lol

Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,280 Likes on 4,445 Posts

Originally Posted by hog-doc
Before anything else you need to find out why your stock ones bent! That would indicate an interferance somewhere between the pistons and the lifters.
As I read this thread, this is the first thing that came to mind........ do you know why your stock rods bent, but just haven't posted the info?

I had cams installed in my new FLHTK. I had the mechanic use the stock pushrods because of the issues I've read about the adjustable ones. I just did that for my own piece of mind, although I didn't consider it a necessary expense.

If you don't find out why the stock ones bent in the first place, not sure it will make a difference which rods you use.......