Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installin' alarm siren w/remote paging

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 05:13 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installin' alarm siren w/remote paging

Well, one of the items Santa tossed under the tree wuz a set of air deflectors. Unfortunately, they won't fit with the lowers installed, so ah took 'em back to the dealer. No hassles - they didn't even ask a question, other than apologize fer not warnin' Schoolmarm that they'd not fit without removin' the lowers.[/align][/align]Looked around a bit, an' ended up buyin' the alarm siren an' remote pager system. Got home an'broke out the manual, figgerin' ah had an all-afternoon project. [/align][/align]Hmmm.....remove saddlebags...10 minutes. Remove main fuse...5 minutes. Remove main engine module to access siren mount...5 minutes. Mount siren, plug in (existing) wire harness...5 minutes. Test system, reassemble bike...20 minutes.[/align][/align]I gotta tell ya - every time I look at doin' something on this bike, I'm pleasantly surprised by just how easy it is to get ta stuff. I'm sure I'll find some harder access points (like removin' the inner fairing to do some strobe installs), but so far nothin' ah've had ta do has been more'n a few minutes of minor work. After 10 years of Goldwings, though, it IS nice ta have simple accessory installations![/align][/align]Ah've now got an alarm system that provides both a local siren AND a remote alert method that'll give memore peace of mind. The unit even will give me a visual indicator if ah'm outta range of the remote paging function. Main thought wuz when we're on the road in a hotel room, ah won't hafta be quite so paranoid 'bout keepin' an eye on the bike.[/align]

Old 12-30-2006, 05:30 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installin' alarm siren w/remote paging

TR,

Sounds like a good investment - I is gettin' one in the spring. Have the alarms but no sound.

Whentravelling overnight, I always try to get a room with a view (of the scoot that is

What is the model number of that siren kit with the remote???

PS - nevermind - got it - 68328-06 and 91660-06. with 20% off should be ~ $135 total.
THANKS for the good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2006, 05:43 PM
WindowMan
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck
Main thought wuz when we're on the road in a hotel room, ah won't hafta be quite so paranoid 'bout keepin' an eye on the bike.[/align]
Ask for a bottom floor and pull her in!

Old 12-30-2006, 05:56 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: WindowMan

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck
Main thought wuz when we're on the road in a hotel room, ah won't hafta be quite so paranoid 'bout keepin' an eye on the bike.[/align]
Ask for a bottom floor and pull her in!
The dam handle bars won't fit thru the door !!!!!

Bob

Old 12-30-2006, 06:31 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dchoran
Whentravelling overnight, I always try to get a room with a view (of the scoot that is
What is the model number of that siren kit with the remote???
The "Smart Siren II" kit is 68328-06, an' the Pager Kit is #91660-06.

Ah park with the bike in view as well, but ya gotta sleep sometime! Besides - ah figger havin' that alarm goin' off will ensure that mah .45 is in mah hand when ah open the door ta greet 'em![sm=owned.gif]

Old 12-30-2006, 08:57 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

My dealer just told me to take the right side cover and plug it in the place made for it. sort of straight forward with no more instructions. suprise it worked the first time!!!