Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Landers Toad Suck Harley Davidson customer service !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:58 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

That is AWESOME! They should be the role model for all dealerships.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:10 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Great news. But when I heard toad suck I was thinking it was some mid western slam and not the actual name.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:10 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I cant help but laugh to myself every time I'm on I-40 going through there and see the exit for Toad Suck. I need a t shirt from there.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:16 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

I have one of their shirts. Got it in a t-shirt swap on another HD board I used to frequent. Glad to know they're good people!

Last edited by ocezam; 04-14-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:18 AM
highwayking
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a similar incident happen to me a few years back when I owned a 2001 Road King. Our riding group was in the Hickory, NC area when one of my buddies told me that my brake light was not working. We stopped in at Blue Ridge Harley Davidson on I-40 just outside of Hickory. The service manager took me in right away and told me my rear brake light switch was shot, but he didn't have a new one in stock. I told him that it was no big deal and would just use my front brakes everytime I stepped on the rear brake. While we were looking at some T-shirts, the service manager found me and told me they didn't want me riding without a rear brake light and that they were going to take one off their new bikes and put it on my bike. I thanked him and the work was done within an hour. When I went to pay he said he was only charging me for the switch and wouldn't charge me any labor. And to boot, he said he was only charging me their cost of the part--$11. I told him I wished I lived in Hickory if that kind of service was the standard. He assured me it was and that customer service was their main priority. So be sure to add Blue Ridge Harley Davidson off Exit 125 on I-40 to your list of great customer service dealers.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:21 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Based on the subject line, and not knowing that there was a place called "Toad Suck" I thought this was going to be another thread about "sucky" H-D service. What a refreshing surprise. I likewise have had great experience at my dealership--Patriot H-D in Fairfax.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by highwayking
I had a similar incident happen to me a few years back when I owned a 2001 Road King. Our riding group was in the Hickory, NC area when one of my buddies told me that my brake light was not working. We stopped in at Blue Ridge Harley Davidson on I-40 just outside of Hickory. The service manager took me in right away and told me my rear brake light switch was shot, but he didn't have a new one in stock. I told him that it was no big deal and would just use my front brakes everytime I stepped on the rear brake. While we were looking at some T-shirts, the service manager found me and told me they didn't want me riding without a rear brake light and that they were going to take one off their new bikes and put it on my bike. I thanked him and the work was done within an hour. When I went to pay he said he was only charging me for the switch and wouldn't charge me any labor. And to boot, he said he was only charging me their cost of the part--$11. I told him I wished I lived in Hickory if that kind of service was the standard. He assured me it was and that customer service was their main priority. So be sure to add Blue Ridge Harley Davidson off Exit 125 on I-40 to your list of great customer service dealers.
good dealership and a good place to eat next door.
I-40 is a good route to ride and dealerships are spaced at a pretty good distance from NC to OK. seems there's one just over the horizon.
I'll have to stop at Toad Suck next time.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:46 AM
mcw999
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Stopped at Toad Suck HD last summer going west to OK City for a break. Hot as hell out. They had free bottled water for visitors in an ice chest at the door. Place to sit down. That's nice treatment for visitors!

Some Goldwing rider was there, telling us all how great GW's were and how HD's suck. Asked him why he was here at the HD dealer. No good answer. I guess the Honda dealer didn't have free bottled ice water. Not all GW riders are complete tools, but I know there is at least one that is.

Shirts are cool. Got one for me, one for my wife, it raises attention when she wears it. How could anyone not want a shirt that says Toad Suck on it?

Old 04-13-2012, 08:14 AM
StreetKing
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toad Suck is about as funny as the exit sign for Big Bone Lick heading down to the Dragon.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:18 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good post! It's nice to hear when things go right!

Ride safe...

Steve

Quick Reply: Landers Toad Suck Harley Davidson customer service !!!