Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forums can be a scary place.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012 | 09:28 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member

I would think the guys that do a lot of engine work and other custom stuff are the ones who end up with reliability problems

Old 04-12-2012 | 09:32 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Markymannn
I would think the guys that do a lot of engine work and other custom stuff are the ones who end up with reliability problems
You would be wrong! We built tons of 130 plus hp bikes that had zero reliability issues!

Old 04-12-2012 | 09:35 PM
drukanfu
Supporter

Originally Posted by Markymannn
Think again, this time walk Out of the closet.

Old 04-12-2012 | 10:00 PM
Tom Hudson
|
Road Captain

sure is great to see positive post - makes me feel better

It would be interesting to know the real number of HD's on the road! It would be a "BIG" number -

I figured the bike would be good for maybe 40 or 50 thousand miles and then maybe a new top end - I can live with that - at my age I am slowing up - My wife has some serious health issues that I need to be home so i'm not going to be putting the miles on as I have in the past - maybe 7 or 8 thousand a year tops plus I normaly have 3 or 4 bikes in the stable - so this Ultra might be my last touring bike - but i never say never! - tom

Old 04-12-2012 | 10:03 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

I had customers in Colorado that put close to 100,000 miles on bikes before they sold them and then did it again. Maintenance is key!

Old 04-12-2012 | 10:05 PM
rbferg
Road Master

My Harley is scary......scary cool! 20K so far with no problems.

Old 04-12-2012 | 10:16 PM
oasis03
Cruiser

How many goldwing owners tear there engines down to install hot cams? How many put different exhaust or 21 inch front wheels. I love my Harley and have modified it the way I like it. No problems with the bike before and after the mods. I think some of the problems you read about on this or any of the other forums are blown way out of proportion . I am sure that there are some legitimate problems as can be found in any mechanical or electrical device and nothing is perfect. I would buy another Harley and I have owned many other makes including Honda,BSA,Triumph,AJS Husqvarna and many more some of them were great bikes and some were not so great.There is a great dealer network, good parts availability ,lot's of independent shops and an abundance of after market things for a Harley. No other bike can come close to those things. Just my two cent's worth

Old 04-12-2012 | 10:27 PM
av ultra
Road Captain

I love my 10 ultra, the thing about harleys is they are so damm simple, if you can take apart a briggs & stratten lawn mower you can work on your harley. Also if you keep it stock and are ok with that (not me) it will run forever, but the really cool thing I like about harleys is how well they respond to mods.

Old 04-12-2012 | 11:09 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member

When I am riding down the highway on my Utra it feels like it's a living breathing soul. A Wing never felt that way to me.

I too am amazed at the number of bad issues people here have had with their Harleys. I have never had an issue on any of my Harleys and I never buy extended warranties on anything.

Just ride and enjoy.

Old 04-12-2012 | 11:39 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by av ultra
the thing about harleys is they are so damm simple, if you can take apart a briggs & stratten lawn mower you can work on your harley.
Funny, we were just talking about this at work today. You say that, and many think that but so many screw it up sooooo often!

Quick Reply: Forums can be a scary place.