Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Communication is the Key

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:25 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Communication is the Key

Seems like some businesses need to teach their employees about honesty and communicating truthfully with their customers.

Without mentioning any names, I called a large LED light company the last week in March and ordered a rather long LED strip light and circuit to make it a run/brake light. I asked to have a PayPal invoice sent to me so I could pay through PayPal. Several days go by and no invoice. I called and spoke with another employee who told me that the guy who took my order was new and to give him the information again. I did and he said he would send out the invoice right away. Several days later, no invoice, so I called again. Got the same guy who said that the item was made and I decided then to give him a credit card number to make for a faster transaction. He said he would ship the item out that day. I checked my credit card account today and the transaction is not posted. Today I call again, since I never received a UPS shipment notice. The first guy who took my order says that everyone was busy and he would call me back within half an hour. An hour and a half go by and no call. I call back and tell the guy that it appears his company does not care about getting business or taking care of their repeat customers. He put me on hold, comes back and says he is just starting on my light and he will ship it out today. I tell him that their communications need a lot of work and lying to customers will hurt their business if I decide to post my experience on the numerous MC forums I post on. He tells me that it's their busy season and they are loaded with work. I tell him I can understand that but I should have been told that from the beginning and the internet is a powerful tool and can hurt a business with negative feedback. He tells me the light will ship out today. I ask for a discount or free/reduced shipping for the BS I had to endure. He says he would have to talk with his boss. Well, I just got the UPS shipping information with a April 17th delivery. Not sure if I'll get any discount but if I didn't speak up today, who knows how long I would have waited for the light to arrive.

In this day of economic turmoil, you would think any business who wants to stay in business would bend over backwards for a customer or at least be up front with them.

Rant over and hopefully I'll get my light on Tuesday.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:37 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That's funny. I posted something very similar a week or two ago about communication between vendors & customers.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:49 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

seems like they cut costs on employee "talent" and training- look where it gets them.

i see this in my industry all the time.

penny wise, pound foolish

Mike