Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Low Down Seat 79704

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:51 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mustang Low Down Seat 79704

I am very much locked into this seat, but I'd like hear any pros and cons from those who actually have used this seat.
In addition, Mustang web site doesn't mention anything about changing the sitting location, so I assume it will low me down but keep me in the same location, not forward or backward. Please confirm, if you have one.
I've also found one place for sale this seat at $665 with free shipping, it is a good price?
Thanks much in advanced

Old 04-13-2012, 07:55 AM
jackhis
Road Warrior

No one?!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Chicago Jeff
Intermediate

I have one and have not moved forward or back at all. Very comfortable seat btw...

Old 04-13-2012, 08:10 AM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Thanks much for the info.
do you have the driver backrest on yours?

Old 04-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Ribitt
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

good seat have one on the 07 ultra, passenger will sit even with you not above like the stock seat.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:47 AM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the low down w/rider backrest on my 12 Road Glide Custom. It moved me forward and a tad lower. (I think Mustang says they lower you 1/2 inch on the '12 models.)

I'm 5'7" so it helps me sit on the bike more comfortable. There is not a lot of room to slide around on (like the stock seat). The passenger seat is large and looks comfortable (no passengers yet.) The back rest is mainly the same as the other models I've owned. It does help and gives support.

I've had a few mustang seats. I had a wide touring on my Softail that was bigger than this seat. If I didn't need to go down/forward on this bike, I'd gone with that seat.

I've enclosed pictures. I have a small Pro Pad on the back rest because I just threw my back out and this gives it a little more comfort.

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Low Down Seat 79704-100_3259.jpg   Mustang Low Down Seat 79704-100_3260.jpg   Mustang Low Down Seat 79704-100_3262.jpg  
Old 04-13-2012, 01:22 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ribitt
good seat have one on the 07 ultra, passenger will sit even with you not above like the stock seat.
Thanks for the info.
Originally Posted by tail11
I have the low down w/rider backrest on my 12 Road Glide Custom. It moved me forward and a tad lower. (I think Mustang says they lower you 1/2 inch on the '12 models.)

I'm 5'7" so it helps me sit on the bike more comfortable. There is not a lot of room to slide around on (like the stock seat). The passenger seat is large and looks comfortable (no passengers yet.) The back rest is mainly the same as the other models I've owned. It does help and gives support.

I've had a few mustang seats. I had a wide touring on my Softail that was bigger than this seat. If I didn't need to go down/forward on this bike, I'd gone with that seat.

I've enclosed pictures. I have a small Pro Pad on the back rest because I just threw my back out and this gives it a little more comfort.
Thanks much for the info and pix.
Did you guys have any info on the width of the seat at the thigh area? Wider, narrower, or the same as the stock seat?

Old 04-13-2012, 01:32 PM
pmang
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one sitting in a box that I'm not using... I had it modified by Mean City to have the seating position moved back an inch (I felt crowded the way it came stock). They did a great job on the mod but the seat wasn't right for me (I've since bought the Hammock that I'm thrilled with)... The seat has less then 500 mile ride time... If you're interested, send me a PM. My price is half of what you're looking at brand new... I just want to get rid of it so I can buy the LED headlight!!

Old 04-13-2012, 01:46 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by pmang
I have one sitting in a box that I'm not using... I had it modified by Mean City to have the seating position moved back an inch (I felt crowded the way it came stock). They did a great job on the mod but the seat wasn't right for me (I've since bought the Hammock that I'm thrilled with)... The seat has less then 500 mile ride time... If you're interested, send me a PM. My price is half of what you're looking at brand new... I just want to get rid of it so I can buy the LED headlight!!
PM is sent!