Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitted saddlebag liner

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:29 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

All liners suck up valuable space. Turn your jacket inside out and stuff it in the bag. Save the money you would spend on a liner for gas or chrome.

That's my take on it.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:34 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

The HD liners fit great.There is no need to velcro them in like others.Had them on my Road Glide.
On my new bike I went with some made by Custom Chrome.They do not fit as well and have to be velcroed in,but what do you expect for half the cost.

Last edited by 1flhtk4me; 04-12-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:55 AM
cdemarse
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go to walmart or any automotive store and get a big roll of automotive carpet liner and an can of spray glue. I got a roll of carpet from walmart for $8.88 and spray glue for $3. Takes a little time but it only cost me $12 and a few jack and cokes.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SEsupply2
I had them in mine for almost a year, loved them but took up quite a bit of space as they are pretty thick. I sold them and went with permanent liners by http://www.hogliners.com/ ...... I like them even better, time consuming to install but well worth the effort. I am waiting on their tourpak liner now .
Is the install a pia or easy?

Old 04-13-2012, 04:17 PM
LJROY
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks all

Old 04-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had those same liners for 6 years. Still holding up fine. Really keep things from banging around. I actually took my HD tour pak organizer and cut it in half and velcro it to the liners. Great for small item storage. The only downside to them is they make it a little hard to slide in bigger items. For me it is my lunch cooler for work. But it is pretty easy to just pull the liner out on one side. I don't keep mine velcroed in the saddlebags either.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Had the HD liners in my 06 Ultra, and when I traded in for the 08, I kept the same liners. Still going strong.

Install takes 15 seconds....(Remove bags, slide in liner, reinstall bags )

Put the custom Chrome ones in the wifes Deluxe a couple years ago when I added Hard Bags...Takes a little more effort to install (velcro) but still work well, and cost ALOT less

As for taking up "Valuable Space" Come on guys...if you need that extra 1/8 of an inch...you already over packed. I did not put them in to avoid "Chaffing" the jacket...I HATED having things rattle in the bags...Don't have that problem anymore.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:38 PM
In2It
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed Sumax's liners in my hard bags and haven't lost any space.There under $100.00 dollars.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:19 PM
turckster
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawjess
I've got some just like these(or they are these), bought them about 5 years ago and love the heck out of them. No more powdery white stuff all over everything, it looks nice and clean. If I were to upgrade to a newer bike I would buy these all over again, although the hog liners look mighty nice as well.
Liners on a police bag, had to be modified to fit right-

Old 04-15-2012, 09:33 AM
jaycanter
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default liners

keeps the inside of the bags clean from carrying all that stuff. plus nothings rattling around in there

Quick Reply: Fitted saddlebag liner