Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines Fuel pak mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 06:32 AM
snotracks
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance & Hines Fuel pak mods

OK Just for the record for people curious about the Vance & Hines Mods. Well this is what I did. I own a 2012 street glide with a 103 engine. I put these mods in one at a time.
Mod 1 Rhinehart 4" slip on exhaust..... Better sound, not much improvement in performance
Mod 2 Vance & Hines throttle Pak......Little better snap of the line, not too much improvement
Mod 3 Arlen Ness Big Sucker intake using the stock intake cover.....Huge power gain!
Mod 4 Vance & Hines Fuel Pak......Better sound, better perfomance and once dialed in from me calling Vance and Hines three times, it sounds great and has awesome mid range!
Conclusion, I think adding all of these together was the key. I have the mode settings I got from Vance & Hines, if anyone is interested. Great stage one improvement, and engine sounds awesome now!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Nomoneyt
Stage I
Default settings for V&H Fuel Pak

I am doing the same to my bike, can you save me the call and tell me what setting you used?

Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 PM
paulgehrke
Stage II
Default Fuel pak

Same here. Mode settings would be great.

paulgehrke@gmail.com

Old 07-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

You can get the settings online.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

the key to the OP, is that until the air cleaner was changed, there was little additional air flow into the motor ( which allows the revs to climb faster. fuel is added in proportion to the increased air).

motor mods are best done as part of a system - similar results would be found by using a high flow air cleaner ( such as the Ness) but retaining stock exhaust- again flow is restricted.

mike

Old 07-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
the key to the OP, is that until the air cleaner was changed, there was little additional air flow into the motor ( which allows the revs to climb faster. fuel is added in proportion to the increased air).

motor mods are best done as part of a system - similar results would be found by using a high flow air cleaner ( such as the Ness) but retaining stock exhaust- again flow is restricted.

mike
If you read his list, he has the Big Sucker intake with just the stock cover. Same here except I used the V&H VO2 naked intake and stock cover. Didn't feel the need to change cover and stock cover with open intake does allows more air.

I looked last night and the Fuelpak site and mapping page is not particularlly up to date. To get 2011 info for FLHTK, you need to use 2010, but they are the same. Didn't look for 2012 info but they should make their site current though.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:44 AM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be interested in what map you used also so I can compare it to mine. I used the one for "duals with basic slipons" and it runs great. The bike has VH dresser duals and bub7 slipons. It also already had the HD stage1 download.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:24 PM
mbaney1056
2nd Gear
Default Stage One download

I also have a 2012 Street Glide and I'm looking at adding Vance and Hines headers and power duals. I was told that a stage one download woud not work and that I had to go with a fuel pack. Does that sound right? Also, any big difference between V/H and Rinehart other than price?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:55 PM
bellgnte
Road Master

Originally Posted by mbaney1056
I also have a 2012 Street Glide and I'm looking at adding Vance and Hines headers and power duals. I was told that a stage one download woud not work and that I had to go with a fuel pack. Does that sound right? Also, any big difference between V/H and Rinehart other than price?
The stage 1 download will work fine. It I the fact that the download still runs a little lean. I had the download and it ran great. No popping on decel and no staring issues at all. I added the fuelpak for the extra fuel that the download doesn't give. It seems to work fine together and VH said the the product would work with it. Can't comment on the Rineharts

Old 08-06-2012, 03:56 PM
bellgnte
Road Master

Sorry about the typos. Doing this from my phone

Quick Reply: Vance & Hines Fuel pak mods