Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rant on Harley (pissed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,657 Likes on 2,537 Posts

Originally Posted by orangevette
to heck with raising the bar,,when Americans are no longer ashamed to work a swing shift in a plant and stop dreaming of a house in the Hamptons and a luxury sedan in the 4 car garage things will get back to normal.
I don't think Americans have had that dream for a long time. And I don't think they will ever again.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:12 AM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,488 Likes on 8,428 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
I don't think Americans have had that dream for a long time. And I don't think they will ever again.
Well, half of them don't for sure.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a lot of owners are wondering WTF Harley. My 07 with 11K miles has many of the horror stories reported on the forum in the two years I owned it. My 2000 Honda Shadow aero was in the family for 12 years and just needed baisc oil changes, 1 battery, brake shoes, and thats it. I paid cash for my bike and for the money I spent expected better quality than what I have and certainly better customer service as Harley goes thru their denial process followed by changes in bikes the following year to correct issues we have to day. No attempt by Harley to retro fit or compensate us guinea pigs as we engineer solutions to their production practices. Its all about %'s and profits. Don't fix a production problem up front and save 10 million up front and maybe spend 4 million in services repairs while the bike is under warranty. Fix a production problem up front and spend 10 million and Harley is 6 million less profitable.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:03 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
a lot of owners are wondering WTF Harley. My 07 with 11K miles has many of the horror stories reported on the forum in the two years I owned it. My 2000 Honda Shadow aero was in the family for 12 years and just needed baisc oil changes, 1 battery, brake shoes, and thats it. I paid cash for my bike and for the money I spent expected better quality than what I have and certainly better customer service as Harley goes thru their denial process followed by changes in bikes the following year to correct issues we have to day. No attempt by Harley to retro fit or compensate us guinea pigs as we engineer solutions to their production practices. Its all about %'s and profits. Don't fix a production problem up front and save 10 million up front and maybe spend 4 million in services repairs while the bike is under warranty. Fix a production problem up front and spend 10 million and Harley is 6 million less profitable.
I'm sorry, just gotta ask, you ride a Harley instead of a Honda, why ???????

Old 04-12-2012, 03:18 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SVF
A word to the wise : All you people that have 2012 Ultra's with black regulators, trade them in now before it's to late.
Man it would suck to be one of the many 07 owners that were here bitching about the trans noise and trading them off fearing a major breakdown, loosing thier asses on trade ins and then getting a 12 and living in fear thier regulator is going to fail! Bwahahahahaha

Old 04-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Hear a lot of horror stories about the big twins. Everything I hear about sporties seem to be little piddly bs.

However, this forum is only a small portion of harley owners.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:45 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
No attempt by Harley to retro fit or compensate us guinea pigs as we engineer solutions to their production practices.
What company does that?

Beary

Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 PM
twally
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2010 ultra, purchased Sept 2010. 48,000 miles. Front wheel bearings, 2compensators, clutch basket and bearing, transmission main shaft and 2 bearings. Harley warranty pays. Say it's my riding style. Yeah, I put on miles. 70 years old, not a cowboy. Just sayin!

Old 04-12-2012, 04:30 PM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Curious if anyone has heard the dates of production for the run of bad regulators? , as that is what it appears to be from a couple reads on the forum here. Would be good to know if they have it isolated to time of production. Getting factory recall stuff done here in Europe is not as fast as back home, and the dealership network is not as robust, so getting stranded over here, means your bike CANNOT be left unattended, or it is Gone! (they claim a stolen HD takes 24 hrs delivery to Moscow to its new owner ....bad regulator or not, LOL)
Just looking for some further info if in fact this is an acknowledged problem. Got my brake switch recall fixed before I took delivery in Nov , but that took over a month for part.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:50 PM
98fat
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 1998 and a 2006 really no problems. Not hearing much that makes me want to trade for newer. My evo just keeps starting and running. My 06 is the same way. I have done alot of mods but really no problems.

Quick Reply: Rant on Harley (pissed)