Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012 | 05:18 PM
Rooster37
|
Road Master
Default Wiring Question

I am getting ready to install the wiring harness 69200441. Is there anything that I should know? Anything to make the job easier? Please let me know... I have a 2012 flhtk. TY

Old 04-08-2012 | 05:43 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

It's pretty straight forward.

Old 04-08-2012 | 07:40 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Just out of curiosity, because I also have a 2012 flhtk, what is the harness for?

Old 04-08-2012 | 08:24 PM
rushbass
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
Just out of curiosity, because I also have a 2012 flhtk, what is the harness for?
This pigtail harness allows the aux lamps to remain on with the high-beam activated...

my question is - which pins on the existing harness do I need to relocate to which positions, so I don't have to pay the $30 for an unnecessary pigtail...

Last edited by rushbass; 04-08-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-08-2012 | 10:08 PM
Black_Hog
Road Captain

I used the wiring harness # 69200441. It's very easy. The only problem was locating the correct wire to add the wire harness to. I’m very happy with the results. The nice thing is it is reversible and I can take it with my to another bike if I buy one it can be used in.

Old 09-14-2013 | 07:02 AM
SuperGlide04
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Black_Hog
I used the wiring harness # 69200441. It's very easy. The only problem was locating the correct wire to add the wire harness to. I’m very happy with the results. The nice thing is it is reversible and I can take it with my to another bike if I buy one it can be used in.
Black Hog, i'm having a hard time locating the correct wire as well. I think I found it where the directions stated it would be at BUT I wasn't sure if it was it or not. Any suggestions or is it just a trial and error. Also, if its the wrong plug would it do any damage by testing the connection. Thanks for your help

MY bike is a 2012 FLHTCU

Old 09-14-2013 | 08:34 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member

You're wanting to keep your passing lights on when the headlight is on high beam? It can be done without a additional harness. Turn your forks full left, in the lock position. On the right side, up under the switch panel, you will find a plug. There's enough length on the harness to pull it out. It's like a 8 pin connector IIRC. One end of that plug has an orange and yellow wire. All you have to do is switch the wires, putting the yellow where the orange was and vice versa. Easy peasy, once you get the pins out of the socket. Be advised that once this is done, the passing lights will not turn off with the ignition switch. You have to manually switch them off. There was a thread about this a week ago, with pics, but I don't remember the title.

Old 09-14-2013 | 08:42 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Old 09-14-2013 | 08:59 AM
cass
Road Warrior

i got the pigtail to go with my led headlights and aux lights after installation and riding a day or two at night. i followed the installation instructions, taking off the fairing but still had to take a few minutes to find the wire sections. if you are ok taking off the fairing, its an easy swap once you find the wires. mine were to the left side of the radio, as you face the bike, back toward the left side of the gas tank and you could hardley see it. when i located them and pulled them out, took about 30 seconds to add the pigtail. lights stay on when the ignition switch is on and go off when the bike is turned off. aux lights can also be turned off with the aux light switch on the left side of the switch pannel. it was a good mod but didn't give me the results i was hoping for. not real satisfied with the led upgrades. would not by the $500 daymaker if i had it to do over again.

Old 09-14-2013 | 09:07 AM
rinja64
Road Master

I did the harness as well - I like being able to run the bright with passing lamps -

Cass - I was also looking at the daymaker but price reall got to me - Read plenty of good reviews about the Phase 7's so I went with those - All three for under 400 - So far, I'm happy with those -

Quick Reply: Wiring Question