Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

777 cam, tuned stock 103 motor 12 Ultra Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 07:13 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts
Default 777 cam, tuned stock 103 motor 12 Ultra Dyno results

Put the cam in right after I got the bike in Jan, finally had the time to ride to Dallas. Tuned by Ed at Dynodifference, very happy with the results. Simple 103 stock motor, tts mastertune, V&H Propipe, Tmax Hiflo a/c, nothing else. The first run was with my V tuned dyno map, the V tune was just to get me from Miami to Dallas for a proper dyno. He had to spend some time on smoothing out the dip at the bottom end, seen major tq gains which is what this cam is good for, it is a TQ cam. The result is 98 HP, 108 TQ, and it comes on early, very happy with the rideability of the bike, accelerates very smooth, even more importantly if you ride the hills it decelerates just as smooth, no surging, this is what a good dyno can do, very hard to get rid of the decel surge with just V tuning. The dip in the tq early on is caused by teh pipe, but its so early I cant feel it with butt dyno, over all I am happy with the Propipe for $500 even though I am a fatcat (standard/performance baffle) guy, I think their price is too high. I seen some dynos with the louvered baffle on the fatcat, don't get it is my advice it is a motor parasite.

Attached Thumbnails 777 cam, tuned stock 103 motor 12 Ultra Dyno results-12-ultra-dyno-2-.jpg  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Congrats on the results. Should be interesting to see how the stock motor handles those cams long-term.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:35 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Yeah, just an excuse to get a 124 if anything go's wrong. Sounds fine though, similar to the hq 575 profile so dont think there will be any issues.

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
Congrats on the results. Should be interesting to see how the stock motor handles those cams long-term.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Put the cam in right after I got the bike in Jan, finally had the time to ride to Dallas. Tuned by Ed at Dynodifference, very happy with the results. Simple 103 stock motor, tts mastertune, V&H Propipe, Tmax Hiflo a/c, nothing else. The first run was with my V tuned dyno map, the V tune was just to get me from Miami to Dallas for a proper dyno. He had to spend some time on smoothing out the dip at the bottom end, seen major tq gains which is what this cam is good for, it is a TQ cam. The result is 98 HP, 108 TQ, and it comes on early, very happy with the rideability of the bike, accelerates very smooth, even more importantly if you ride the hills it decelerates just as smooth, no surging, this is what a good dyno can do, very hard to get rid of the decel surge with just V tuning. The dip in the tq early on is caused by teh pipe, but its so early I cant feel it with butt dyno, over all I am happy with the Propipe for $500 even though I am a fatcat (standard/performance baffle) guy, I think their price is too high. I seen some dynos with the louvered baffle on the fatcat, don't get it is my advice it is a motor parasite.
Very nice, but can you post a bigger pic, I can't see it

Old 04-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats brother sorry I missed the trip. Had to save $$$ for the new bike end of the month.

How did Steve's bike turn out?

Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Keith if I wasn't a technological retard I would post a bigger pic, pm me yur email and I can send to you to post if ya want.

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Very nice, but can you post a bigger pic, I can't see it

Old 04-08-2012, 08:30 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As soon as sugar mamma gets a job I will be giving Ed a call. I like my SE255s but I am sure they csan be much better if tuned correctly.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

btw - How does the bike feel between the ride to Texas vs the ride back from Texas. What is the butt dyno telling you? Big performance difference or simply subtle and refined?

Old 04-08-2012, 08:43 AM
petewerner
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
As soon as sugar mamma gets a job I will be giving Ed a call. I like my SE255s but I am sure they csan be much better if tuned correctly.
Here is my 255's on my factory 103" after a good dyno tune. It runs great.
I too dig the bottom end pull

Attached Thumbnails 777 cam, tuned stock 103 motor 12 Ultra Dyno results-2011-fltrx-103c.i..jpg  
Old 04-09-2012, 12:15 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

I rode from Dallas to Las Cruses today will be hitting Mountains in Az this week, planning a 2 day up and back Mesa to Mt Hood Ore the week after. So far feels good real good, will know better in the mountains. Yeah get that 255 tuned you will like it a lot better, it is a good cam.

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
btw - How does the bike feel between the ride to Texas vs the ride back from Texas. What is the butt dyno telling you? Big performance difference or simply subtle and refined?