Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Premium Tour-Pak Rack Bag

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 PM
bstepHD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Premium Tour-Pak Rack Bag

I picked up this bag today and was somewhat confused by the mulit-model instruction sheet which did not match the four attachment straps that came with my bag. We attached the bag as best we could per the instructions and noticed the front of the bag being loose after fifteen minutes of riding. The instructions show a strap with a metal clip that hooks back into the D rings above the plastic latch...mine doesn't have that system.

After closer examination of the straps I determined that they had to be straight down to allow the plastic buckle to retain the tension that was put on it. If they were pulled tight at an angle you could just pull them loose. I guess I'm a little disappointed in such a poor mounting system not to mention instructions that don't even match the attachments that came with the bag. Anybody have any similar experience with this attaching this HD "Premium" tour-pak bag...maybe something was lost in the Chinese translation from the original manufacturer. Kind of wishing I'd went with the T-bag as I had initially planned to purchase.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:50 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,640 Likes on 8,459 Posts
Old 04-09-2012, 06:34 PM
elwoodto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one on a mini rack on a RKC tour pack. Once you get the hang of it it's not bad.A little tricky figuring out how to get it centered and tight on the rack. Been using it for three years. When you look at it in your mirrors it always looks like it's gonna blow off but it hasn't yet. You'll like it when you're checking to a motel easy on and off and frees up a lot space for other stuff. The rain cover works good on it to. Sometimes I run a couple bungee cords or a spider net over it and we stuff our coats under the straps. Don't stretch the bungees to tight or it will crack the plastic liner inside. Don't ask how I figured that out.