Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 05:47 PM
NETacomaFatboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Arai (Quantum X).

Old 04-07-2012, 05:53 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Which color did you get? I have a Shoei Qwest FF that I wear 95% of the time, the ventilation on it is pretty good also, living in S. Fl it has to be, lol.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by humvee
Arai makes some of the best helmets IMHO.
+1...I've been using Arai helmets for 5+ years when riding various Ducatis that I've owned. They're a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:25 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is an awesome helmet for winter time but around here during the summer and 100+ temps in SE Texas that thing will kill you from heat exhaustion.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Cme2c
Tourer

I've been riding for 15 years and wore no helmet most of the time. Started wearing a half helmet when my daughter turned 16 and got her endorsement. From then on, my wife & I always wore a half helmet but she especially hated it-hot & made her head itch. Fast forward to last summer when for whatever odd reason, I happened to be wearing my flip up modular full face helmet in the evening. On my way home, a white-tail jumped from a bank and landed directly on top of me. I was immediately knocked out (didn't even know it happened) & thrown onto the pavement at 45 mph. Result: multiple broken bones from the impact of the deer, not so much as a single scratch from hitting the pavement (wore an armored jacket, gloves, boots), and a helmet scratched from one ear to the other from my face down slide. If I had not happened to be wearing that full face helmet, I would not have much of my face remainIng today. My entire family rides and we all now wear full face, even my wife. We found a Nolan N43 Trilogy helmet which is well ventilated, has a huge eyeport, and is light weight. Definitely worth looking at if you're concerned about comfort.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:15 PM
AlphaInfinity
Advanced

I just purchased the same helmet. Looking forward to using it. My wife also has that helmet. She is taking the riders edge course today in grand prarie texas in the 80 degree heat and she told me she didnt even sweat. She also mentioned no neck fatigue.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:39 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I went to a flip face helmet last year when the doctor told me no more sun....as she whittled away on my head (no cancers so far, but cutting pre-cancers off every time I turn around!)
Mine is just a inexpensive Fulmer. I find if I crack the face shield open a little and open the vent on top up that it isn't any worse than wearing in any other helmet.

The Arai is pricey! The Shoei is about $100 cheaper. Both of them pretty high dollar. The big ol' decals would have to go on either one of them IMO. I don't know why they do that. Seems to me most people will remove them. Why not put a smaller decal that would be less likely to be removed if advertising is your goal?
Before you blast me with comments like "you get what you pay for" etc. you might want to read and consider the article below.

http://www.westcoastweasels.com/arch...he_Lid_Off.pdf

Last edited by mike5511; 04-08-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:22 AM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior
Received 108 Likes on 33 Posts

Which one did you buy, the graphics or the dark?

Old 04-08-2012, 04:58 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Nice looking Lid! Started wearing a FF back in the seventies. Had a Bell Star.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:27 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5511
I went to a flip face helmet last year when the doctor told me no more sun....as she whittled away on my head (no cancers so far, but cutting pre-cancers off every time I turn around!)
Mine is just a inexpensive Fulmer. I find if I crack the face shield open a little and open the vent on top up that it isn't any worse than wearing in any other helmet.

The Arai is pricey! The Shoei is about $100 cheaper. Both of them pretty high dollar. The big ol' decals would have to go on either one of them IMO. I don't know why they do that. Seems to me most people will remove them. Why not put a smaller decal that would be less likely to be removed if advertising is your goal?
Before you blast me with comments like "you get what you pay for" etc. you might want to read and consider the article below.

http://www.westcoastweasels.com/arch...he_Lid_Off.pdf

A very good read, thanks for posting that.

Quick Reply: New Helmet