Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Security Smart Pager

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 06:40 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,616 Likes on 8,458 Posts
Default The Security Smart Pager

For my birthday, be 61 April 7, I bought myself a Security Smart Siren II for my 2010 Ultra. I tried both the chirp and chirpless mode and I kinda like the chirp mode. The arming and disarming chirp is not that loud, which I like, but the alarm chirp will awake the dead and I really like that.

I am now thinking about getting the pager for the Security Smart Siren II. Just wondering if the pager has come in handy for any of the forum members or do any of you know of anyone who has the pager and they feel it has helped stop a theft.

Hope everyone has a Great Easter Weekend and ride safe.

Last edited by zoozoo; 04-06-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:50 PM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

subscribed...id like to hear what others have to say.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 PM
NECaveman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the alarm in 2010. Picked up the pager at the same time. Used the pager twice right after installing the security system, put the pager it into my drawer, and there it set since. The pager did not go off when I used it, so not sure if anyone tried to make off with the bike.

The alarm works great. I have it set to flash the turn signals. The alarm goes off only when the bike is moved.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had the pager on my last 2 bikes and use it only when traveling / hotels overnight or at rallies. If by saying “… has helped stop a theft” you mean the pager went off and I intervened, no. But it has a good range and it gives me piece of mind staying overnight in motels. I would recommend the rechargeable one rather than the replaceable battery one.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

I carry the pager and as the poster above mentioned it's mainly for peace of mind. It has a fantastic range and I do sleep more comfortable when on the road with the pager next to me. Even at work I don't find myself looking out the window to check on the bike as much.

And +1 on getting the rechargeable unit.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

I've had the pager for a couple years and several bikes. It's nice you can program it to any bike you own. I use it at rallys etc but never had an attempted theft. The pager initiates two soundsthe first sound is the pager alertin me someone is trying to steal my bike, the second sound will be my .45 acp going off.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:23 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also bought a security pager that's still in a drawer. It may work ok but I always seemed to be out of range or I couldn't hear it well enough for it to do any good.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:32 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribe

Old 04-07-2012, 08:39 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

A friend of mine has the pager. It has only gone off once, and that time it was me that set off the pager. I didn't realize she had security system on her bike. We had been at a bar, and she mentioned a problem with her brakes. I had gone out back, and was looking at the brakes on her bike, when she came running out to see who was messing with her bike. Thankfully, she didn't pull her 9mm on me. LOL

Old 04-07-2012, 08:52 AM
bthinnes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have one for piece of mind. It has not activated yet so I do not have any history to talk about.

Quick Reply: The Security Smart Pager