Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stebel Horn/Wolo Bad Boy Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a Wolo on my Venture and mounted it in the fairing. I didn't seperate it however and it never gave me a problem. Worked good for two years before I upgraded to the Ultra.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Sparky73
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nivensid
I will give that a try. Did you put the compressor under the seat laying cross ways?
Thanks for the reply and the link for the fitting. I will not give up until I get it right.
My compressor is mounted vertically under the left side cover. I zip tied it just forward of the fuse box in a perfectly sized gap. Not sure what that gap was for but it was empty on my Street Glide.

As I understand it, mounting it sideways won't affect performance but will decrease the life of the compressor. I'd guess that's due to non-standard loading on its internal bearings.

Last edited by Sparky73; 04-11-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't use cheap hose. It will swell and the pressure at the horn will be greatly reduced. You will know if your line is swelling if you have a delay in response when you push the horn button. I used black fuel line hose. It does not flex as bad. My horn is really loud. Just FYI

Old 06-07-2012, 09:24 PM
SCHOONER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Some Question About The Hose On The Stebel Horn

Hey murph

I just bought the Stebel Air Horn and wanted to know just what the hose is for ?

Also having a rough time as to where and how to locate it on my 1985 FLHTC

Check out my pics.
P.S. Got 5 leads coming off the socker connector and 4 posts on the relay. Can you please explain just where the go

Originally Posted by murph
Don't use cheap hose. It will swell and the pressure at the horn will be greatly reduced. You will know if your line is swelling if you have a delay in response when you push the horn button. I used black fuel line hose. It does not flex as bad. My horn is really loud. Just FYI

Attached Thumbnails Stebel Horn/Wolo Bad Boy Question-air-horn-bolt-and-nut-connection.jpg   Stebel Horn/Wolo Bad Boy Question-air-horn-top-view.jpg   Stebel Horn/Wolo Bad Boy Question-air-horn-here.jpg   Stebel Horn/Wolo Bad Boy Question-air-horn-relay-here.jpg   Stebel Horn/Wolo Bad Boy Question-air-horn-colors.jpg  

Old 06-08-2012, 08:16 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SCHOONER
Hey murph

I just bought the Stebel Air Horn and wanted to know just what the hose is for ?

Also having a rough time as to where and how to locate it on my 1985 FLHTC

Check out my pics.
P.S. Got 5 leads coming off the socker connector and 4 posts on the relay. Can you please explain just where the go
Hey Schooner,
I don't know about the 85, but my 12 SG I was able to put the compressor next to the fuse box where the alarm siren would go. (I used two sirens from Radio Shack behind the engine in the frame).

The black fuel hose is used to connect the horn to the compressor. I put the horn part inside of the old cow bell housing of the original horn. I ran the fuel line underneath the tank to the fuse panel along the left side of the bike. Remember to used the relay or you will burn out your switch.

My horn is loud. Because the thick black fuel line doesn't flex that easy, I get an instantaneous response when I hit the horn button. If you need to talk more just send me a PM with your contact number and I will give you a call. Glad to help if I can.

Murph

Old 06-08-2012, 02:39 PM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I simply unscrewed the cow bell, took the chrome nut, put it into the mount housing, oriented correctly and screwed the assembly on-to the cow-bell mount. Then hooked up the power connections, walla, it worked happily.

My problem is that after 1 year the sound has diminished, one side partially functions, it's so bad that I reinstalled the standard horn.

Upshot: Ride like no one sees you.