Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone seen these bags

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Bait56
Club Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I made a couple purchaases from Mutazu on e-bay and they were good to deal with.

Originally Posted by LMmarine86
I can't speak for the ebay link you have because I have never used them, but I just bought from this one and they are flawless. No hardware, but you gotta buy them with yours too.
I do not recommend buying bags and lids without hardware. I learnt the hard way. As stated previously the hardware is expensive and you have to have a special rivet gun to rivet the hardware on. I found a set of 2012 dealer take offs on e-bay and bought them for what I would have had in piecing the bags together.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Brick0044
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bait56
I made a couple purchaases from Mutazu on e-bay and they were good to deal with.

I do not recommend buying bags and lids without hardware. I learnt the hard way. As stated previously the hardware is expensive and you have to have a special rivet gun to rivet the hardware on. I found a set of 2012 dealer take offs on e-bay and bought them for what I would have had in piecing the bags together.
Thanks, will look for originals.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 73,829 Likes on 22,249 Posts

Check these out;
http://www.cavalryfibreglass.com/

Way better than "stock" or "OEM".

Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 PM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brick0044
I agree just hoping that someone has used them and everything fits right.
LMmarine86 did yours fit right?
Sorry for not responding sooner, I hadn't checked up on the thread. I just got the bike back from the shop on Friday. The fit is perfect. I don't have anything bad to say about them. The latches are actually only $83ish and they do have to be riveted, but thats a quick deal that any indy will do for you for a couple bucks - then they get screwed onto the bags themselves. There are things that you gotta buy in addition to the bags. Weather seal for the inside rim of the tops, rubber fittings that attach to the bottom chrome supports (unless your current setup does not have bottom supports), the quick release hardware (or use whatever your RK did) and of course the latches, lock and face plate. You might be able to find a set of take-offs, but the odds of finding them 1.) in good enough shape for you to not want to repaint and 2.) actually in the color you want; are pretty low. Even after buying all the parts, you'll come out ahead with these bags.

It's just my opinion though.

Here's a crappy pic of the bike, but you can see the right bag in general. Other then it being dirty (did about 400 miles just before this pic) you can't tell a difference from stock.

Anyone seen these bags-photo-9.jpg

Old 04-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by LMmarine86
Sorry for not responding sooner, I hadn't checked up on the thread. I just got the bike back from the shop on Friday. The fit is perfect. I don't have anything bad to say about them. The latches are actually only $83ish and they do have to be riveted, but thats a quick deal that any indy will do for you for a couple bucks - then they get screwed onto the bags themselves. There are things that you gotta buy in addition to the bags. Weather seal for the inside rim of the tops, rubber fittings that attach to the bottom chrome supports (unless your current setup does not have bottom supports), the quick release hardware (or use whatever your RK did) and of course the latches, lock and face plate. You might be able to find a set of take-offs, but the odds of finding them 1.) in good enough shape for you to not want to repaint and 2.) actually in the color you want; are pretty low. Even after buying all the parts, you'll come out ahead with these bags.

It's just my opinion though.

Here's a crappy pic of the bike, but you can see the right bag in general. Other then it being dirty (did about 400 miles just before this pic) you can't tell a difference from stock.

Attachment 243635
Glad the new bags worked for you.

I'm only replying because of your reference to rivets for the install. I've never bought HD's latches separately, but I have disassembled the bags for paint a couple of years ago, and more recently, removed the OEM lids for the HD speaker lids and didn't encounter any rivets--just the four screws used to secure the latch mechanism to the bottom of the saddlebag, and five scrws to secure the latch mechanism to the lid.

If you care to, please explain the rivets to which you refer. As always, pictures are great.

Carl

Old 04-10-2012, 06:07 AM
RK Joy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if they are as thick and sturdy as the OEM bags?