Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Krome 3" T-Rex arrived

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Kreuzen
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Krome 3" T-Rex arrived

Just received my true duals--they look awesome! Plan on installing tomorrow and getting it on the Dyno early next week. Received a lot of good info from many of you guys who ordered them in the past--can't wait to get them installed to hear how they sound!

Old 12-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Seavee
Intermediate
Default RE: Hard Krome 3" T-Rex arrived

Good luck with Them. I honestly hope you dont have any problems down the road because ther is no customer service on these pipes.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Kreuzen
Cruiser

...just read your earlier email--that really su*ks!Hopefully they will provebe trouble free. I know one thing for certain, this is the exact look I wanted for my RKC.I'm just hoping theysound at least half as good as they look.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:50 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Kreuzen

...just read your earlier email--that really su*ks!Hopefully they will provebe trouble free. I know one thing for certain, this is the exact look I wanted for my RKC.I'm just hoping theysound at least half as good as they look.
They will.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:44 AM
fasthd06
Intermediate

Look them over REAL good before you install them , they will not take them back once installed , I had to return 2 set and gave up . Just a heads up.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:11 AM
Kreuzen
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

They will.
Renegade--all I can say is DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, you were right-on...these pipes flat rock!In my opinion, they rate as thebest sounding pipes I've heard--bar none. As I said earlier, I couldn't be happier with the fit/finish--I just hope they hold up. After reading some of the other posts,seems some folks are having problems. She's going on the DynoWednesday--I can't imagine what she will run like after they get her dialed in. Thanks again to everyone for the feedback (pos/neg)

Old 12-30-2006, 12:21 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

They will.
Renegade--all I can say is DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, you were right-on...these pipes flat rock!In my opinion, they rate as thebest sounding pipes I've heard--bar none. As I said earlier, I couldn't be happier with the fit/finish--I just hope they hold up. After reading some of the other posts,seems some folks are having problems. She's going on the DynoWednesday--I can't imagine what she will run like after they get her dialed in. Thanks again to everyone for the feedback (pos/neg)
No problem at all. Repost back after you get them on, and also after you get it on the Dyno. The pipes should give you some nice numbers. They are a little bit on the loud side until you get use to them. I am very happy with mine.

Bob

Old 12-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Kreuzen
Cruiser

....that's what I'm talking about--those babies are on! Just finished the install this evening after work...fired her up and like I said, DAMN! They are a little on the loud side--but I'm love'n it, exactly what I was looking for--the RKC has never looked/sounded so good.The Dyno ought to be icing on the cake. I'll figure out how to post some picson the site and hopefully be able to load some pics.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:47 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Glad to hear you that you got them on, and you like them too. They do ROCK, and I have yet to run into anyone in my area that has them. A lot of people ask about them, and I have yet to hear anyone tell me that they did not like them.

Carl's Speed Shop out of Daytona, FL, did the dyno work on mine in Myrtle Beach, SC during buke week and they were very impressed with the numbers for a true dual setup.

Bob

Old 12-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Kreuzen
Cruiser

I live uphere in Tacoma, Washington--got the guys a Destination Harley doing the Dyno--I've been pleased with their work in the past. Myrtle Beach...man, I'm dating myself, but I use to live in Myrtle Beach back in 1974 until about 1979. Nothing but a stop on the way to Daytona back in those days. I understand that place has grown/gone crazy. I need to make it back some day. Good to hear all of your positive comments and like you and some of the others, I was looking for something different and these pipes fit the bill. Around here, you see alot of Vance and Hines, Rineharts...the typical duals. Not knocking them, because we all know they make some great pipes, but I was looking for something different--here we are. For others reading this post, I know some have had problems with not receiving instructions, packing, customer service, chrome-cracks, etc. Guess I lucked out or they have taken a harder look at the quality control. The pipes came individually wrapped (extremely well) in the box. They included 5-page set of instructions, a Hard-Krome Double D's American Cruiser Catalog, and copy of my bill. When you open the box, the first thing you see is all of the form packing and a sheet of paper; STOP, please follow the following steps before installing your new exhaust. Personally, I usually start the job and if I get struck, look at the instructions, but I found the install to be a piece of cake on my 2004 RKC. I have the Big Bore Kit, so it was a little tight to get the front pipebetween the cylinder/frame, but if you take your time and work with it...no problems. Hope this post helps, but again, like most things in life, there are very few guarantees--buyer beware. Additionally, I don't know what folks are finding with respect to pricing, but I got mine for $599 from Motorcycle Pro Shop--I don't work for them or know anybody there, but found their prices competitive.

Quick Reply: Hard Krome 3" T-Rex arrived