Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T Rex Hard Krome

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Seavee
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Rex Hard Krome

Well, I was looking for a new exhaust system for my street glide. I did alot of research on all the options and it came down to 2 systems T Rex and Hard Krome. Reading all the negative abouth the T Rexes i didnt think they would still be in business if they were that bad. So i orderd them from a local vender. When i opened the box what a suprise the heat sheild on the long pipe was crushed shurly shipping damage. Then thechrome next to the end cap on the short pipe was discolored and it had some hairline cracks and a chip out of it. This shurly was not shipping damage. At this poing the ECM was programed and the bike was apart. I called Hard Krome and got no customer support at all. In Fact, They told me that the contract they have with the distributer would not allow them to do buisness with the CUSTOMER or the vendor. So my chioces were to wait a week for a replacement set to be sent to the vendor from the distributer. I was Told 5-7 DAYS?????????? It took less time when i orderd them. So i did the smart thing and took them back for a refund and and went elsewere for some Rienharts. I can under stand the shipping damage but not the poor quality controll for the discolored and cracked edge. Buyer beware when you buy these pipe you are at the mercy of they vendor. Sorry for the rant but im pi@@ed off that ther i sno customer support.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: T Rex Hard Krome

Customer Support at Bub Rinehart is great. I had the well known problem with the back header bracket breaking on the older Rineharts. My HD dealer discovered it when doing an oil change. I called Eastern Performance Cycle (a sponsor here and where I got my Bubs) and they gave me the 800 number to Bub. The customer service lady talked to my dealer, talked him into giving me a rear pipe out of a new box the dealer had and Bub sent the dealer a replacement. I would have been down for over a week.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Seavee
Intermediate

Now thats what im talking about Terry. Good old customer service. Like i told the Gentelman at Hard Krome, (Start looking for another job because he wont be getting a retirement check from them.) I think ill be happy with the BUBs

Old 12-28-2006, 09:39 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Seavee

Now thats what im talking about Terry. Good old customer service. Like i told the Gentelman at Hard Krome, (Start looking for another job because he wont be getting a retirement check from them.) I think ill be happy with the BUBs
Sorry to hear you had problems with them. Mine are fine with no issues and I like them.

Bob

Old 12-28-2006, 10:26 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

I know what your talking about. Last winter I ordered a set to try out and both pipes had flaws in the crome, no instruction or mounting hardware. I called the company and got the run arounds. No customer service at all. If they would have worked with ma a little I would have kept them. But nope, I sent them back and went with V&H.

A few people on this forum run these pipes. I hope they never have problems with them because they will not stand behind their product. I was at my local HD over the summer and they had a SG with thses pipes on it. I spoke with the owner and I asked him if I could here them. They sounded nice and loud. He said, "do not get these pipes". He told me that when he got them they were flawless. e said he was polishing on them one day and noticed the crome peeling off the front edge of the right side pipe. He said he contacted Hard Krome and I guess they pretty much told him to go pund sand. He said they tried to say it was his fault. Screw that, you made a good choice in sending them back. As far as I'm concerned I have about the same amount of respect for them as I do Draggin Baggers, which is none really.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:46 PM
vegashd
Banned

The questions i had were answered and I was satisified great customer service.

I believe Parts is there vendor and thats who there contract is through.

good thing though is they will NOT be going ANYWHERE. They are one of the largest companies.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Seavee
Intermediate

I guess you have to talk to the people at Hard Krome to understand what we are talking about. I really wanted these pipes but now am really happy they will end up in someones trash can now rather than later on my dime. What a relief now that it worked out this way.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Seavee
Intermediate

I think your right its parts/ drag. they will be around but they are only going to take so much junk back. I am willing to bet Hard Krome will have a relitive short life.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:54 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: Seavee

I think your right its parts/ drag. they will be around but they are only going to take so much junk back. I am willing to bet Hard Krome will have a relitive short life.
did you read what I wrote? Parts is having great response with the Hard Krome line and stepped up there buying power for 2007. They placed a larger order and are getting rave reviews from previous buyers.

Hard Krome is a lARGE company, one of the largest. they will not be going anywhere anytime soon.. TRUST ME

Old 12-29-2006, 12:06 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Think I'm going rinehearts for both bikes after reading that...

I've read a few other posts on here where guys have had problems with their HK's cracking.

Quick Reply: T Rex Hard Krome