Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Draggin Baggers

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:30 AM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Draggin Baggers

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

i have a DB setup for sale....$100 plus shippin
I don't understand some of you guys. Yes, the ones who actually had problems with their systems rubbing on the stock wiring harness....which I understand was only an issue with the 06 models, due to a relocation of the wire run...But why are guys like you Bryan, dumping the system when you seemed to like it so well, and as far as I know, you haven't had any issues with it?

I also believe Tony told BountyHunter, that it would be sometime after the new year before the new version of the shocks were in....so wouldn't it be more prudent to wait a bit longer if you're not having problems with the system?

Old 12-29-2006, 02:52 AM
fasthd06
Intermediate

Last time I was here this system was the best thing going ! what happened ? Total meltdown ?

Old 12-29-2006, 02:56 AM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

Still running my DB, if ya dont run a over size tire and or ride around with slammed it seems to work.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:26 AM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: SeaHag

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

i have a DB setup for sale....$100 plus shippin
I don't understand some of you guys. Yes, the ones who actually had problems with their systems rubbing on the stock wiring harness....which I understand was only an issue with the 06 models, due to a relocation of the wire run...But why are guys like you Bryan, dumping the system when you seemed to like it so well, and as far as I know, you haven't had any issues with it?

I also believe Tony told BountyHunter, that it would be sometime after the new year before the new version of the shocks were in....so wouldn't it be more prudent to wait a bit longer if you're not having problems with the system?
Mine almost worked perfect for what I intended it to do. The only problem is my system seems to loose air no matter what I did. It always bled down. It was nto to big of a deal when I first was riding it. but with worn wire harnesses I would rather not take the chance.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:59 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine still works great! Had a few leaks too but fixed that with clean cuts on the tubing, now it's just fine. Don't ride slammed anymore knowing about the wires in the fender, but otherwize I'm very happy with the ride and am quite content to wait as long as it takes for a new shock.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:54 PM
kdietz
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: RonH

Mine still works great! Had a few leaks too but fixed that with clean cuts on the tubing, now it's just fine. Don't ride slammed anymore knowing about the wires in the fender, but otherwize I'm very happy with the ride and am quite content to wait as long as it takes for a new shock.
Ditto

Old 12-29-2006, 05:06 PM
lickmstickmman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finally installed mine... most of the problems folks were having could have been resolved, like cutting tubing strait, etc... or could have been avoided by not riding slammed! My setup actually helped me with a few issues I was working out on a custom install. I got a set of the sportskirts.com side panels, and the smaller diameter shocks fit the skirts better than my stock ones did. I never had the exhaust issue others had, I guess the taper of my Thunder header allows it all to fit without rubbing (yea thunderheader!).

I will wait and see about the new shocks, my email is in and I will be patient to hear something back.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:24 PM
jmorton10
Road Captain

As far as the pump and tubing they would make a great bubbler for any 10 gallon fish tank
The pump is the exact same thing that all the other air suspensions systems use, that could be used with the Progressive setup for instance.

The shocks themselves are the only part that is really different than the $1000(or more)systems.

~John

Old 01-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Richking
Intermediate

Took me months and pleanty of phone calls to get parts for proper install, Only to have a bad shock.
Called Tony 3-4 weeks ago still no call back. Hoping to get resolved in the new year.
Tony if you read this PLEASE call me.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:02 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are not calling anyone back. They are researching a new shock and are to buzy to respond!! Please dont bother them while they are resolving this issue!![sm=partyparty.gif]

Quick Reply: Draggin Baggers