Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Comm System?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:39 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Best Comm System?

Thinking about getting a communication system so that the wife and I can talk while out on the highway. Just riding two up, so don't need to communicate with another bike. I don't know jack about them. I've got a Road King with a Dead Center detachable fairing, so I don't have the plug-in setup like an Ultra. Just want to talk back and forth while riding, don't really need a CB. Anyone out there with some advice on what to get, cost, what I need to set it up.....any feedback would be appreciated.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:53 PM
lowrider56
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We use the Scala Team Set Pro. It's wireless and bluetooth ready. It has a very simple install in your helmets and you can even plug in a music source (we each use a Sansa clip) so each of you can ride to your favorite tunes. The battery charge lasts us through a whole day of riding without a problem every time we use them. We have never experienced a wind noise problem and my wife even takes and makes phone calls hands free with her bluetooth cell phone. You can even hook up your GPS to them. They are easy to detach from the helmet so you can take them with you when you park and leave the bike, as they are very small units. We have had them about a year and a half and always use them on long trips. I would highly recommend them from our experience.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Check google. I think I found a site that compared a bunch of em and the Sema won their comparison.

There is a kit that has both kits in one so you don't have to buy two units.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Ghostman574
Advanced

I have a Sena SMH10...Bluetooth can link up to 4 units together for intercom. It does also does phone, GPS, and music. The sound quality for music is not that great, but tollerable. Everything else sounds great through the speakers. The mic is amazing and the unit is really easy to use with gloves on. Takes about 10-15 minutes per helmet to install.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:06 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Thx, I'll start looking at those, and I'll try and find the Comparison on Google.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 PM
mr396
Cruiser

I would check into the Cardo Scala systems. The G9 just came out.

http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider

Old 04-04-2012, 07:34 PM
foush56
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not consider the Scala I have a set a total POS no customer support! wind noise. engine noise JUNK

Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 PM
tencrore
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ghostman574
I have a Sena SMH10...Bluetooth can link up to 4 units together for intercom. It does also does phone, GPS, and music. The sound quality for music is not that great, but tollerable. Everything else sounds great through the speakers. The mic is amazing and the unit is really easy to use with gloves on. Takes about 10-15 minutes per helmet to install.
+1 for the SMH10 setup. I bought a set for my daughter and I for when just the two of us ride. A buddy of mine has one for when we ride in a group. No issues so far!

Old 04-04-2012, 07:54 PM
mcw999
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Webbikeworld.com has an extensive set of reviews on wireless motorcycle comm systems.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:07 PM
1SG_CFP
Advanced
Default I read that sruff too

Originally Posted by mcw999
Webbikeworld.com has an extensive set of reviews on wireless motorcycle comm systems.
I learned a lot there. I ended up buying Nolan N-Com 90 helmets with the Nolan MCS headset/microphone system. They're really slick. It all designed ti integrate into the helmet. You can go either wired or bluetooth.

Also don't be fooled by Nolan helmet model numbers. The 90 is newer than the 100 series and the best deal.

Quick Reply: Best Comm System?