Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Comm System?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:42 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoiled Biker
The new Uclear HBC200 comes with speakers but you can get ear buds (with their special mic built in to each side) for $49 or "dynamic" ear buds for $119. Details are not yet clear but it appears they will be active noise canceling like the Bose headsets etc.

Our distributor just pushed out the ETA on them by a month til 5-18.
Thx for the update. I'm really looking at these as I'm beginning to like the idea of no boom mic more and more. This whole thing has been a learning experience for me. Good stuff. I'm also interested to see what some of the feedback is from those that are just getting their systems up and running.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:11 PM
ironcrossmike
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife and I have the Scala G4 powerset, and I am less than impressed with the performance of these. I have kept the firmware updated and fully charged and they work less than stellar. I suppose as long as you don't want to talk to anyone else and are on the same bike they would be ok. I hope the G9 works better and is more user friendly than the G4.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:23 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ironcrossmike
The wife and I have the Scala G4 powerset, and I am less than impressed with the performance of these. I have kept the firmware updated and fully charged and they work less than stellar. I suppose as long as you don't want to talk to anyone else and are on the same bike they would be ok. I hope the G9 works better and is more user friendly than the G4.
I don't really care about talking to another bike. I'm just looking for something that the wife and I can talk back and forth while out on the open road. Quite a few folks said they like their G4 setup.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Riff Raph
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2002EGlide
How does the U clear work with a half helmet? I like the idea of no boom but not sure how well the sound would be with a open face helmet and no boom. Also what would you do with the speakers or do you then use ear buds.

I have a long trip planned for the end of the month and would like to have a way to communicate with my passenger.
Not sure how well they work (which is why I am waitin) with half helmet but they inventor told me that it doesn't matter as they will work with or without a helmet....due to the something or other about a beam in front of my face and nise reduction and cancellation blah blah blah (no disrespect to those who have them). I suppose you could always mount the speakers into the cold weather ear flaps that most half helmets come with...that is what I did with my scala until I got a better mounting system from them.

Like I said the uClear looks great....but with new tech I am sometimes slow as I want to see how others experiences with it are, unless the manufacturer wants me to test them...at a discount if I decide to buy....maybe....I will be waiting if they read this....LOL.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 PM
ironcrossmike
Novice

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
I don't really care about talking to another bike. I'm just looking for something that the wife and I can talk back and forth while out on the open road. Quite a few folks said they like their G4 setup.
They would be fine on the same bike then. I was told just this week at the local Cycle Gear store that I am one of the few that are unhappy with their performance. Not everyone can be happy I guess. There does seem to be more happy with the G4s than not. I hope this is the case for you and your wife.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:28 AM
2d3k2h
Cruiser

I purchased the sena sph 10 for use on my beenie helmet took it out for a try . Unit seemed to work but the strap on my helmet kept cutting it off(jog dial push in for off)I returned them and am waiting for a better solution (sph 10h) If you buy from Amazon be careful about exchange/returns as they use 3rd party to ship,I had to fight to get a refund and still had to ship back at my cost....lesson learned.