Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Comm System?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 02:27 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cigarmessenger
Wife and I have the Cardo Scala Rider Teamset Pro Duo Intercom Set. Works great for us, we have full face helmets. Full duplex intercom plus cell phone capabilities and MP3 player. Wireless passenger to rider only. We got them on Ebay for less than $140 and that was new in the box. They came as a Set, two in the package
That sounds like a great bargain. I'll definitely take a look at them. Thanks to all that chimed in. You've given me a lot to think about, and now the shopping begins.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Riff Raph
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
Riff, care to share these coming features? Seems the manufacturer is having problems getting this year's new model out the door.
Let's see if I can remember.....supposed to have ear buds instead of helmet mount speakers and mics was one of them (great state of helmetless Illinois) I believe if they do not already they will support 8 active intercoms simultaneously...that's all I can remember for now....

Old 04-05-2012, 03:10 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Riff Raph
Let's see if I can remember.....supposed to have ear buds instead of helmet mount speakers and mics was one of them (great state of helmetless Illinois) I believe if they do not already they will support 8 active intercoms simultaneously...that's all I can remember for now....
thanks

the "new" model that was just announced but yet to ship has some sort of "hopping" technology that will allow up to 8 intercoms in a "string"

dont think I would care for the earbuds and the main reason I went with the UClear was to get rid of the mic so that does not appeal to me either

hope to have mine before end of month but no guarantee of that

Old 04-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Riff Raph
Advanced

Originally Posted by hoethree
thanks

the "new" model that was just announced but yet to ship has some sort of "hopping" technology that will allow up to 8 intercoms in a "string"

dont think I would care for the earbuds and the main reason I went with the UClear was to get rid of the mic so that does not appeal to me either

hope to have mine before end of month but no guarantee of that
No mic....just earbuds instead of the helmet speakers....let me know what you think of your unit...I really like my scala rider G4 but if there is a better system even without earbuds I might just go for it....

Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be very interested too in hearing about how you like the UClear System. Like I said my friends seem to really like theirs.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Spoiled Biker
Former Sponsor

The new Uclear HBC200 comes with speakers but you can get ear buds (with their special mic built in to each side) for $49 or "dynamic" ear buds for $119. Details are not yet clear but it appears they will be active noise canceling like the Bose headsets etc.

Our distributor just pushed out the ETA on them by a month til 5-18.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoiled Biker
The new Uclear HBC200 comes with speakers but you can get ear buds (with their special mic built in to each side) for $49 or "dynamic" ear buds for $119. Details are not yet clear but it appears they will be active noise canceling like the Bose headsets etc.

ARRRrrrrrrgggg! When will they ever get these out the door!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Riff Raph
Advanced

Really........huh what do you know.....I was not lied to by a salesman...LOL....I will still be waiting till February next year to pick up a pair at the International Motorcycle show but I will be checking back here to see how people like than and if they work correctly....

Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 AM
OsoFat
Cruiser

Another vote for the Scala G4. The intercom is flawless. The built-in FM radio sucks, though. I have a buddy with the Uclear, and he says it's excellent, and it doesn't have the boom mic, which can get in the way, depending on what kind of helmet you wear. All of these units run about $150-175 each.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 AM
2002EGlide
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does the U clear work with a half helmet? I like the idea of no boom but not sure how well the sound would be with a open face helmet and no boom. Also what would you do with the speakers or do you then use ear buds.

I have a long trip planned for the end of the month and would like to have a way to communicate with my passenger.

Quick Reply: Best Comm System?