Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Comm System?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 PM
bthinnes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I use a set of Cardio Scala G4's. Also have had very good results with clear communications and no extranious noise.

They are Bluetooth and will connect to my RoadTech 660 GPS. My phone connects to the GPS and it also palys mp3's. With that setup I get music, GPS guidance and comms with my wife in one setup. Very happy and would recommend them.

Also with the G9's available which basicaly just gives more comm connections with a few minor features the G4 price point is looking better.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:16 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostman574
I have a Sena SMH10...Bluetooth can link up to 4 units together for intercom. It does also does phone, GPS, and music. The sound quality for music is not that great, but tollerable. Everything else sounds great through the speakers. The mic is amazing and the unit is really easy to use with gloves on. Takes about 10-15 minutes per helmet to install.
Just windering Ghostman, is the SMH10 that you have V.2? I see there's a v.2 but don't know if that's something I need. Amazon.com has a set (2) systems for $299, doesn't list it as a v.2, does that sound right to you? Or should I be looking to find this V.2? Any assistance would be appreciated. Like I said, I don't jack about these things.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Spoiled Biker
Former Sponsor
Default Version 2...USB version

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
Just windering Ghostman, is the SMH10 that you have V.2? I see there's a v.2 but don't know if that's something I need. Amazon.com has a set (2) systems for $299, doesn't list it as a v.2, does that sound right to you? Or should I be looking to find this V.2? Any assistance would be appreciated. Like I said, I don't jack about these things.
Anybody who still has the original version (non USB) must not be an authorized Sena retailer or they would have sold out of them 8 months ago. If it says USB version or SMH10B then you know you can upgrade the firmware.

Sena just released their V4.0 firmware and it is getting rave reviews. You can have 4 people talking in one conversation where everybody hears everyone. Previously you could pair 4 helmets but only speak to one at a time. Also, a cool feature is the parallel hands free profile (or multi-point as they call it) which allows you to have 2 2-way devices i.e. a cell phone and a GMRS /CB radio etc.

P.S. We sell the SMH10 dual pack for $299.99 with free priority mail shipping.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 AM
coliseum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been using the Scala headsets for 4 years now... I currently have the G4 and cant wait for the G9 to come out...

The reason I went with the G4 is because it offers Stereo bluetooth capability... so you can listen to high quality music thru ur mobile or GPS. The lower lines of scala are great for comms but do not offer stereo bluetooth (A2DP).

Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Cigarmessenger
Cruiser

Wife and I have the Cardo Scala Rider Teamset Pro Duo Intercom Set. Works great for us, we have full face helmets. Full duplex intercom plus cell phone capabilities and MP3 player. Wireless passenger to rider only. We got them on Ebay for less than $140 and that was new in the box. They came as a Set, two in the package

Old 04-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Ghostman574
Advanced

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
I have the SMH10B (not sure if that the V.2) with USB interface. I am beyond happy with it. People don't know I am on my bike when I use it.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:01 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

I am patiently waiting for delivery of my new UClear U200 comm sets. Pre-ordered thru Revzilla. Decided to give these a try since they are the only ones not using a boom microphone......we'll see (if I ever get them!).

Old 04-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Riff Raph
Advanced

Saw the UClear sets at this years International Motorcycle show....waiting till next year to pull the trigger on them depending on a few features that it's inventor said were coming. Currently use the Scala G4 and love them...great sound we ride in groups a lot so we all like to be hooked up...I have taken calls at 40+ with no windshield wearing a half helmet and no one knows I am on a bike (until I crack the throttle wide open...LOL). Have not tried any others so I don't know about them.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Riff Raph
Saw the UClear sets at this years International Motorcycle show....waiting till next year to pull the trigger on them depending on a few features that it's inventor said were coming. Currently use the Scala G4 and love them...great sound we ride in groups a lot so we all like to be hooked up...I have taken calls at 40+ with no windshield wearing a half helmet and no one knows I am on a bike (until I crack the throttle wide open...LOL). Have not tried any others so I don't know about them.
Riff, care to share these coming features? Seems the manufacturer is having problems getting this year's new model out the door.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:24 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
I am patiently waiting for delivery of my new UClear U200 comm sets. Pre-ordered thru Revzilla. Decided to give these a try since they are the only ones not using a boom microphone......we'll see (if I ever get them!).
I have some friends that just bought the UCLEAR HBC100 system and the reason they went with that one was because of no BOOM microphone. This technology was developed for the military, specifically special ops folks. They are really excited about it. Haven't tested it personally, but they sure seem to like it. Watched the video on Revzilla about it, and they look like a really easy system to setup.

Quick Reply: Best Comm System?