Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D FatCats on Sale @ AMS

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Dante
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: D&D FatCats on Sale @ AMS

Thank you very much for the info!!!

Old 12-29-2006, 12:28 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil, did the coated black pipes cost the same? Are the any louder than T-Rexes?

This price might be just what I needed to get off of the fence with my current pipes. Should be able to sell them for a few bills..........

Old 12-29-2006, 12:42 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The black ceramic cost a bit more, but shouldn't too bad if you can take advantage of the sale. I bought mine straight from D&D for FULL RETAIL because I am incredibly impatient! [&:]

I have never seen a the clampless wonders in real life, so I do not know how loud they are. The FatCats can get fairly loud when you really get on it, but under normal riding conditions, they are not that bad. Wifey can hear the stereo (2 spkr) @ hwy speed, so it must not be too bad.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

I'm willing to bet my T-Rexes are a bit louder. Nice rumble to them but when cruising at 80mph, it's hard to hear my Hogtunes.

ORIGINAL: PhilM

The black ceramic cost a bit more, but shouldn't too bad if you can take advantage of the sale. I bought mine straight from D&D for FULL RETAIL because I am incredibly impatient! [&:]

I have never seen a the clampless wonders in real life, so I do not know how loud they are. The FatCats can get fairly loud when you really get on it, but under normal riding conditions, they are not that bad. Wifey can hear the stereo (2 spkr) @ hwy speed, so it must not be too bad.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:09 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

I'm willing to bet my T-Rexes are a bit louder. Nice rumble to them but when cruising at 80mph, it's hard to hear my Hogtunes.
There ya go, then.... A set of Black Cats would look really sweet on there! and.... they make great torque ~ really low!

Old 12-29-2006, 01:34 PM
rollover
Road Captain

T rex are definitely louder. I've had both now and am finally very pleased with my current decision to buy the Cats. I can hear my radio loud and clear at highway speeds. Actually turn it down most of the time. The Cats have a nice growl on acceleration but mellow at cruising speed. The sound of the pipes definitely turn heads. Fit and finish is excellent. Low end grunt is much improved. I'm using them on a stock motor (for now) with a pclll/ness big sucker combo and the Cats have definitely made a big improvement. My daughter and wife ride on the back so they are definitely closer to the end results of the pipes and they both agree that the Cats sound the best. They also can hear the stereo just fine. I did have an issue with one of the heat shields and D&D took care of it with no questions or hesitation. Definitely can't say the same for the Hard Krome. They left me hanging having to deal with the supplier who also told me to pound sand. No customer support from either end in that fiasco. Something you definitely won't have to worry about with D&D if by chance there is some type of problem.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:57 PM
RoadSideJustice
Novice

Just ordered mine in black. Little bit more cash and time but I won'y be riding for a while anyways. Thanks for the all info.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Dante
Advanced

What kind of time frame? Just curious. I want to order these for my 07 SG.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

What was the price in black? Phil has me tossing an idea around on my bike.

ORIGINAL: RoadSideJustice

Just ordered mine in black. Little bit more cash and time but I won'y be riding for a while anyways. Thanks for the all info.

Quick Reply: D&D FatCats on Sale @ AMS