Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I upgrade the H.O.G. roadside asst. when signing up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 08:22 PM
jacknthebox
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How do I upgrade the H.O.G. roadside asst. when signing up?

I am going on a 5500 mile trip this summer and thought I would join H.O.G. for the towing benefit. The homepage describes the roadside benefit as a Standard Package that includes a one-time coverage of up to $100 but it states that this is upgradable. Also, I remember reading a while back that you could upgrade the towing option to be something like unlimited tows for $20 or so. I also thought the towing was covered "to the nearest HD Dealership"???

I went to join and in the process I see no option for upgrading the roadside package..........any idea how to select a roadside package and upgrade?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:30 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

once you have membership, just call the road america 800 number, they will be happy to take your $20.

This is one of the few great values in Harley-World.

Road America is the servicer for the HOG road side assist and the 2 times I used were great all around each tow ( to the nearest dealer) was over 80 miles and would have cost about $160 and $220 if paying out of pocket.
The trucks and operators had chocks on dollies and were smart about moving bikes

Mike

Old 04-03-2012, 10:45 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

There's a link on the National HOG site that will take you to Road America, enter your HOG # and select the package you want, and you can pay online.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Ribitt
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

check your insurance you might have towing on it. save some money.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:16 AM
jacknthebox
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
once you have membership, just call the road america 800 number, they will be happy to take your $20.

This is one of the few great values in Harley-World.

Road America is the servicer for the HOG road side assist and the 2 times I used were great all around each tow ( to the nearest dealer) was over 80 miles and would have cost about $160 and $220 if paying out of pocket.
The trucks and operators had chocks on dollies and were smart about moving bikes

Mike
Originally Posted by slhanks4
There's a link on the National HOG site that will take you to Road America, enter your HOG # and select the package you want, and you can pay online.
Originally Posted by Ribitt
check your insurance you might have towing on it. save some money.
Hey thanks - I will sign up and then do the upgrade. Ribitt: unfortunately my insurance only tows my cars and not the bike..don't know why. I also have AMA but they pay for 30 miles of a tow so i thought HOG would be a good idea to get to the nearest dealer.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The HOG roadside assistance is WORTHLESS!! That was the reason I continued to have a HOG membership. BUT, the one time I needed the roadside assistance they couldn't find me. Not like I was in some remote location. I was on I-40 between mile maker 23 and 24 west bound just outside of Memphis. After 4 hours and a dead cell phone, a friend finally came with a trailer.

Another example, I was riding with a friend and her bike broke down. In that case the tow arrived in a timely manner. However, when turning in to the Harley dealer, her bike fell off the tow truck.

I suggest finding another option for roadside assistance.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Twillis
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I highly recommend the Upgraded Version of HOG roadside. I have used it twice, the first time while having just the standard pkg., so it cost me still like $150, but after upgrading, the next time was truly "sign the ticket and the driver left". Both times were due to flat tires. One was beside the interstate and one was at a hotel, both times far from home. The operators were very courteous, and they always do a Courtesy Follow-Up to make sure everything went smoothly. I wouldn't do without it for the $$$.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best money I have ever spent on our motorcycles was the upgrade on the roadside assistance and quickly (unfortunately) paid for it self many times over just 3 weeks ago for my wife and I when her bike failed on us while riding on our way back to Utah.