Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evaluation of 3 LRS Street Glide Windshields (8" Ultra, 8" Flat-Top, 9" Stealth)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 04:01 PM
dynawideglider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great review and I'm looking forward to your results on the 10 in Stealth.

We're the same dimensions, I'm currently using the 8 in Ultra but have found passenger turbulence has increased. That and a little loss of front end stability, which I hear the Stealth will resolve.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:13 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
Don't panic yet. So many variables come into play, and you can not go off of height. People are different. You may have longer legs then the other 6'1" guys here, and the 8 may be perfect. I'm 6'2" and use an 8". It's on a '02 RK with a Dragonfly fairing, but you never know.
If it's too short, no problem. Let me know and we'll get it swapped out.
YEP! I am 6' and just got the 6" Ultra because I think it will work, the 8" throws the air about 4" above my head. I also have the 8" flat top and on the SG it does make more air from underneath, but the passenger says it got better for her.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
boom23
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dynawideglider
Great review and I'm looking forward to your results on the 10 in Stealth.

We're the same dimensions, I'm currently using the 8 in Ultra but have found passenger turbulence has increased. That and a little loss of front end stability, which I hear the Stealth will resolve.
I will post the review of the 10" Stealth as soon as I receive it from LRS. Because the 9" Stealth was so much below my line of sight, I have a feeling that the 10" will be much better. But, I won't know until I install it...

Last edited by boom23; 04-05-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the reviews. I have talked to LRS on several occasions over the last few weeks about getting the right shield. We have also discussed how it seems like the SG gets more turbulence and negative pressure behind the fairing. This is the big reason I strayed away from the flat top. Was all set to try an 8" Stealth until I found out it was a no go with the 2 pouch fairing bag. Really wanted to try that one out too. Thinking I will be trying a 6" or 7" to replace my 8".

Old 04-05-2012, 04:50 PM
rufasim
Road Warrior
Received 155 Likes on 110 Posts

I just installed the Ultra 8" on my 12 SG. I am 5' - 10" and the wind hits me right at my fore head. I see over it just fine. Could probably use 9" but I am comfortable with the 8. What I have found is that it is much more comfortable while I am wearing my half helmet. In fact, I left the house this morning and realized half way to work that I left my clear glasses on the tail gate of my truck. Never felt the wind in my eyes.
Now, When I wear my ff, I feel it buffeting more. With the shorter shield I couldn't feel the wind with my ff helmet but the helmet was definatly moving around when I was wearing it on a long cold ride with the taller shield.
One last thing. I just got my Saddleman windshield bag and it fits perfectly with the shield.

Jim

Old 04-05-2012, 05:10 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,847 Likes on 22,754 Posts

Personally I have, use and like the "Classic" 9 inch that you don't make anymore.
Good thing that I ordered 2 of them.
Still on number 1.
5'10" and a sundowner seat.
I'd say it's just about perfect.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Dailydbl
Advanced

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Personally I have, use and like the "Classic" 9 inch that you don't make anymore.
Good thing that I ordered 2 of them.
Still on number 1.
5'10" and a sundowner seat.
I'd say it's just about perfect.
Ditto. I have an "original" LRS recurve that I replaced with an Ultra last year. After I put the new Ultra on, I immediately thought the original had a better clean pocket. After almost a year with the Ultra, I put the "original" back on about two weeks ago and I am certain that it does in fact have a cleaner pocket on my scooter. I wish LSR would make that shield again. I'd buy one.

Matt, are you listening?

Old 04-09-2012, 12:04 PM
HarleyGuy426
Novice

Hey Boom great review

I was wondering though if you still have the stealth windshield if you could take a picture and show how it all fits together with the 3 pouch tbag. I have a klockwerks on my 09 sg right now that has the flares on the side like the stealth from lrs and the 3 pouch bag works like poo with the klockwerks 8" i believe it is. I can't get into the side bags enough to even get sunglasses in or out.

So if you could please and if you still have it snap a picture for me

Thanks alot
Tim

Old 04-09-2012, 12:24 PM
boom23
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HarleyGuy426
Hey Boom great review

I was wondering though if you still have the stealth windshield if you could take a picture and show how it all fits together with the 3 pouch tbag. I have a klockwerks on my 09 sg right now that has the flares on the side like the stealth from lrs and the 3 pouch bag works like poo with the klockwerks 8" i believe it is. I can't get into the side bags enough to even get sunglasses in or out.

So if you could please and if you still have it snap a picture for me

Thanks alot
Tim
Tim,

Unfortunately, The 9" Stealth is on its way to LRS for exchange for the 10". I have the 3-pouch T-Bags and the side pouches were hard to get into to begin with... With the Stealth you cannot open the lid all the way up but they are still usable. I use the side pouches for things I do not use that often.

I will take a picture with the 10" Stealth, when I receive it, and post it.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Cm Wings
5th Gear

Great job on the reveiw I have the same problem with my SG I think my Wiley X glasses are going to fly off my head at 65+ mph. I will take a look at the 8in flat top.

Quick Reply: Evaluation of 3 LRS Street Glide Windshields (8" Ultra, 8" Flat-Top, 9" Stealth)