Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** STOLEN ** $10,000 Cash Reward - 2008 Street Glide - BRANTFORD, Ontario PURPLE

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012 | 08:00 AM
fenderzig
Road Master

Great news man! I have to admit I wasn't expecting to hear this! So, do you like the powder black paint?

Old 04-03-2012 | 08:16 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master

Honestly, I fully expected one of two things to happen... 1. It was never seen again. 2. The frame was found, stripped of everything.

This is a MUCH better outcome, and I'm sure you are beyond relieved to have your aby home! Congrats!

Old 04-03-2012 | 08:52 AM
ggambie
|
6th Gear

The Barney bike isn't liking the batman look. lol. The last thing we thought was that the bike would come back. Taking a brick to some areas with minor scratches that might not be replaced by insurance, if you get my drift. Was tipped over, probably for transporting, and the helmuts, leathers, and ipod are obviously gone. Checking out local pawn shops today. This just goes to prove that putting pressure on people, and putting it out on the internet (Kijiji & HD Forum) makes a huge difference. These were not pros, and what I did learn is that when or if this happens to you (hopefully it never will) but don't focus on the colour, I'm sure it was changed to black immediately. Focus on the extras and unique parts of the bike, like skull light covers, grips, stereo, etc. Anything that makes your bike unique. Someone spent some time painting it, not a bad job, little overspray, but that's it. They were getting it ready to sell, but kept the WI plates on it cuz I had a cover that was almost impossible to replace without ruining the fender. Thanks again for all the support, now dealing with insurance, hee ha!!!!!

Old 04-03-2012 | 09:06 AM
knife_edge
Tourer

Originally Posted by ggambie
Not local MC....at least probably not......visiting in Ontario from Wisconsin, someone in the neighborhood knows something. Don't think it's a pro job.
How long has the bike been gone now and how long was the bike stored there in that that location?

I am glad you were successful in finding you bike, that's awesome!!!!

Last edited by knife_edge; 04-03-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-03-2012 | 10:15 AM
classicboy
Advanced

Very glad to hear you got your bike back. All to often the news is not good at all. Good luck dealing with the insurance company, hopefully they will not screw you around.

Old 04-03-2012 | 10:38 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ggambie
Just cannot believe we got so close that the thieves bailed on their plans. I figured it was in a thousand parts and long gone. AMAZING!!!! Never give up. Not only that, but the cops called us on it and therefore we saved the 10K. This was all legit and the money was never an issue.
Excellent! I was feeling your pain, hoping it was going to turn up. I don't have near the time and effort you have in yours, but it would still make me sick to lose mine.

Old 04-03-2012 | 11:00 AM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member

Amazing that you got it back, really pleased for you.

Old 04-03-2012 | 11:13 AM
HD Jim
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Froggyfatbob
as a club member of a large world wide club i would tread easy on that note people may take it as a accusation but the word is out for u good luck
No accusation made.. how people present themselves while asking for help goes a long way in deciding if help would be given.

Old 04-03-2012 | 10:59 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain

Glad you found your bike. Welcome to the forum and hopefully you decide to stick around. Lotsa good folks here.

Old 04-04-2012 | 01:15 AM
Bobby9621
Tourer

Glad you got your bike back, time and effort are hard to replace. Post a pic when you can of how it looked, good avice on looking for details, not just color.

Quick Reply: ** STOLEN ** $10,000 Cash Reward - 2008 Street Glide - BRANTFORD, Ontario PURPLE