Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Pics of Your Short- and Long-Angled Highway Mounts Setup!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 11:19 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need Pics of Your Short- and Long-Angled Highway Mounts Setup!

Guys, I want to buy the Short- or Long-Angled Highway Mounts (either the HD's or the Kury's), but I'm not sure which one's I need.

Whichever I choose, I'll match them up with the Streamliner or the Bar & Shield Pegs.

I have a 32" inseam, and I tried the HD 360's last season, but couldn't get comfortable on them, no matter how I adjusted them.

I'd like your pics to show the right side, so I can see the highway peg in relation to the brake pedal (like Pastor John's photo, below, which show the short-angled mounts with bar & shield pegs).

Thanks, guys!

Last edited by FenderGuy53; 04-24-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:50 PM
X Iron Butt
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Here are some pics of my HD short angled 360* mounts with the Bar and Sheild pegs. I had the long arms on the bike when I got it but rarely used them because my left leg would cramp from not being stretched out enough. I have a 32 inseam too. The right foot would hit the peg arm when going for the brake from the floorboard. After getting the short mounts I realize that I could have used the long arms and through adjustment I could have put the peg in the same location as these shorts just by raising the clamp on the crash bar up and swiveling the arm down. If you can't get these 360's where you want them my guess is you won't get any of the other mounts where you want them either. It was a PIA to get them adjusted but I use them all the time now and they are real comfortable. The flat foot pad made a big difference over round pads that I have run for 30 yrs. BTW I was at the dealer on Thursday and HD has a few just released pegs/pads one is 2 1/2" and the other 4 1/2" wide/tall that mount and swivel just like the B&S pegs mount. They are a little steep but this is one of those last forever purchases for comfort.

Good Luck with it.

Right side from seated position. Hard to tell from zooming the height of the peg . See next pic.

Right side from seated position with foot on peg. Plenty of clearance/access to brake from floorboard.

Left Side from beside bike

Left Side from seated position

Last edited by X Iron Butt; 03-31-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:27 PM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by X Iron Butt
Here are some pics of my HD short angled 360* mounts with the Bar and Sheild pegs.
X Iron Butt, what you have are the short-angled mounts. THESE are the HD 360 mounts:

If you look at my pic, you can see the odd angle that your foot has to manage in order to reach the peg. It was VERY uncomfortable for me.

Your short-angled mounts seem to achieve a much more natural foot position; however, your legs are a couple of inches longer than mine, so perhaps the long-angled mounts may be the better choice for me.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by FenderGuy53; 03-31-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:48 PM
X Iron Butt
Road Master

You are right. I thought mine were called 360's. If you turn yours out to get the right angle they would be too far out. The 360's don't look very comfortable. e bay sells quite a few long and short like mine but most have sold for more than new with shipping if you wait for a discount at the dealer. I will be selling a set of longs soon but they are far from new. They don't look too bad from the view on the bike but the backs are dull and pitted some and the left side has some chrome flaking. I really didn't notice the flaking untill I was waxing them one day. I think the angled mounts should work well for you.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:48 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Much like XIronButt I tried the long reach but really didn't get on with them. I felt the were unsafe in that my foot was trapped in the footwell and I couldn't reach the back brake properly. Changed to shorts - much better

Old 03-31-2012, 03:57 PM
X Iron Butt
Road Master

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
Much like XIronButt I tried the long reach but really didn't get on with them. I felt the were unsafe in that my foot was trapped in the footwell and I couldn't reach the back brake properly. Changed to shorts - much better
Like I said in my other post I am sure I could have put the peg in the same spot with the long arms I just never tried it. Besides the flaking chrome kinda set off that problem we all have. I really like the chrome cash I get from using my HD credit card.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:26 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said in my other post I am sure I could have put the peg in the same spot with the long arms I just never tried it. Besides the flaking chrome kinda set off that problem we all have. I really like the chrome cash I get from using my HD credit card.
I mucked about for ages trying to achieve exactly what you suggest here, never succeeded so gave up in disgust. What bugged me was that I did a lot of investigation initially but, as our dealer doesn't stock them, I ended up punting for the longs and got it wrong

I am just shy 6ft BTW

Old 03-31-2012, 08:05 PM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member

If you turn yours out to get the right angle they would be too far out. The 360's don't look very comfortable.
The 360's may work for some folks, but I couldn't make them work for me.

I will be selling a set of longs soon but they are far from new. They don't look too bad from the view on the bike but the backs are dull and pitted some and the left side has some chrome flaking. I really didn't notice the flaking untill I was waxing them one day. I think the angled mounts should work well for you.
I'm going to try to find someone who has the long-angled set that I can try out.

I think the angled set has a chance to work for me.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:13 PM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
I have an SG, so the footwell thing is a non-issue for me. If I can manage to get the highway peg to sit alongside the brake pedal, like in Pastor John's photo, then I'll be a happy camper.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 PM
b17467
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

360 and Kury peg. Only have left side. new GoPro

Quick Reply: Need Pics of Your Short- and Long-Angled Highway Mounts Setup!