Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Pics of Your Short- and Long-Angled Highway Mounts Setup!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The long-armed mounts were way too long for me. Mounted the way they were intended, they interfered with moving my foot from the footboard to the peg, and created a dangerous situation. I played around with angling them to achieve a good position, and finally realized that the short-arms were the ones I needed.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:39 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pastor John
The long-armed mounts were way too long for me... finally realized that the short-arms were the ones I needed.

Yeah, looking at the two pics, there's a big difference in the installation.

What's your inseam length, Pastor John?

Old 04-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

FenderGuy, I wear a 30 inch length jean. The long-arms, when adjusted the right way (not like in my picture), put the peg so close to my footboard that my boot was getting hung up on them during the transition. I realized that was gonna cause an accident eventually, so I played with the angles until I got them positioned where I wanted them. Once I did that, it was obvious that the short-armed units were the ones I needed.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

FenderGuy, I wear a 30 inch length jean. The long-arms, when adjusted the right way (not like in my picture), put the peg so close to my footboard that my boot was getting hung up on them during the transition. I realized that was gonna cause an accident eventually, so I played with the angles until I got them positioned where I wanted them. Once I did that, it was obvious that the short-armed units were the ones I needed.
I also wear 30" jeans/pants (though my riding jeans are 32" to cover better in a seated position). To choose between short and long peg mounts, my HD dealer had me sit on the bike and then tried out both for size. It was quite obvious that the long were going to work for someone who had considerably longer OR shorter legs. The short-angled highway peg mounts were the ones I went with and they have worked out perfectly. I positioned them such that I can keep my heel on the footboards and toe on the pegs, heel on the pegs or heel above the pegs.

Last edited by Nirvana; 04-01-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Challenger
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderGuy53
X Iron Butt, what you have are the short-angled mounts. THESE are the HD 360 mounts:

If you look at my pic, you can see the odd angle that your foot has to manage in order to reach the peg. It was VERY uncomfortable for me.

Your short-angled mounts seem to achieve a much more natural foot position; however, your legs are a couple of inches longer than mine, so perhaps the long-angled mounts may be the better choice for me.

Thanks for sharing.

Turn them around! I have the 360 and they work great! But you have them oppsite sides as mine. Take them and swap sides. put the clamp out front and it will reduce the angle

Old 04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Long angled

Sooooooo Comfortable...

Attached Thumbnails Need Pics of Your Short- and Long-Angled Highway Mounts Setup!-peg1.jpg   Need Pics of Your Short- and Long-Angled Highway Mounts Setup!-peg2.jpg  
Old 04-01-2012, 05:20 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also have a 30" inseam. I think I have the short ones on mine.

Last edited by shortride; 04-01-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:45 PM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member

FenderGuy, I wear a 30 inch length jean... it was obvious that the short-armed units were the ones I needed.
Originally Posted by Nirvana
I also wear 30" jeans/pants... To choose between short and long peg mounts, my HD dealer had me sit on the bike and then tried out both for size... The short-angled highway peg mounts were the ones I went with and they have worked out perfectly. I positioned them such that I can keep my heel on the footboards and toe on the pegs, heel on the pegs or heel above the pegs.
Originally Posted by shortride
I also have a 30" inseam. I think I have the short ones on mine.
Hmmm... Looks like the short-angled variety are what I need.

My dealer is very accommodating, so I'm going to ask them if I can try them before I buy them.

Thanks, guys.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:49 PM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Challenger
Turn them around! I have the 360 and they work great! But you have them oppsite sides as mine. Take them and swap sides. put the clamp out front and it will reduce the angle
Been there - done that! When I reversed the clamps, I couldn't get the pegs close enough to be comfortable in all three positions: 1) heel on boards/foot on peg, 2) foot on peg, and 3) heel on peg.

Position 1 was okay, but positions 2 and 3 were too much of a stretch for me and became uncomfortable very quickly.

Last edited by FenderGuy53; 04-01-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:59 PM
b17467
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Reply: Need Pics of Your Short- and Long-Angled Highway Mounts Setup!