Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stranger than Strange

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 11:27 PM
FLAMED96
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stranger than Strange

So last Sunday after a hard week end of parting with the brothers I get a call at 0630 to get my *** up and help a brother who can't get his bike started. After dragging my *** out of bed and looking at his bike, all lights on, no flashing engine light it just won't start, fuel pump won't run, nothing, told him that his key fob battery must be dead, changed his battery with mine and still nothing, OK the computer must be confused, disconnected battery, reconnected still nothing, OK must be a blown fuse still nothing, well tell him to call someone to get a truck and pick him up.
Go back to my room and pack my stuff and go to start my bike and the exact same thing, all lights work but won't start. A couple of bikes that came from the other side of the hotel tried to start their bikes and nothing, total of seven bikes out of 16 won't start. So i decide that there must be a car in the area that has a radar jamming device or a WiFi system screwing up our security system so I tell them that I'm going to push my bike to the other side of the Hotel and try to start it, push it about 100 yards and it fires right up, the others followed and their bikes fire right up. Never even heard of something likes this happened before.
Anyone have any suggestions of what the hell happened.

Yea that's what I get for staying at a Motel 6, Paso robles CA

Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 PM
justglidin
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!!! That is weird!!!!!!! Thats a new one on me also hopefully some will know what this was!!!!

Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

I have seen bikes confused when multiple fobs were nearby.

( I once rode up on a Pal and as i got along side, his bike started chirping, kept running no problems but weird)

on the newer models, setting and knowing the pin is the plan B that every rider should know.

2. ( if your bike is parked outside the motel room, the fob may be close enough for the security to disarm for a "bad guy")

Last edited by mkguitar; 03-30-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:38 PM
spizzyman
Road Master

Tom Bodett is an alien.

spiz

Last edited by spizzyman; 03-30-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:50 AM
Pommy Biker
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I was on a run with my crew and we pulled up out side the pub at Fox Glacier on the West Coast of New Zealand. After a pint we load up to go and Bikes post '07 won't start and a couple had the alarms kick off. After calling Harley Assist we found the cause by deduction to be a cell phone repeater tower not to far behind the pub which was emitting a signal strong enough to interfere with the signal from fob to bike. The pre '07 riders and pub patrons had a great time watching us push our bikes down the road to get far away enough from the interference zone for us to start our bikes.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow very interesting!!!! Thanks for sharing, this is something I'll remember if I ever see such a thing.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:39 AM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Cell phone jammer, must have been an active operation going on in the area by one of the agencies.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior

It happens to carxa alarms as well. If your near the Empire State building in NYC if your car doesn't start tow trucks tow you 10 blocks away and then tell you to start your car. The car starts and ur out $100 bucks. The radio frequency jams the signal from ur remote and was told it happens all the time. Ask me how I know lol

Old 03-31-2012, 03:20 AM
DOMAPOI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Here is a link from this forum that discusses this problem that might explain your problem:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...d-watch-2.html

Old 03-31-2012, 05:13 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

glad I went without alarm now

Quick Reply: Stranger than Strange