Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super reduced reacd seat comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 11:57 AM
timberdoodle
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super reduced reacd seat comfortable?

Picked up my new EG Ultra Classic yesterday and it is a little to high yet. Had the rear lowering kit installed already but I was also now thinking about getting the super reduced reach seat. the stock seat is nice and comfortable and I am wondering if I will sacrifice that comfort for the lower seat. Seems like they must have to take out some of the padding to make it lower. Appreciate any comments from anyone who has tried out the seat or any other seats that get your feet closer to the ground. Have a 30" inseam if that matters.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timberdoodle
Picked up my new EG Ultra Classic yesterday and it is a little to high yet. Had the rear lowering kit installed already but I was also now thinking about getting the super reduced reach seat. the stock seat is nice and comfortable and I am wondering if I will sacrifice that comfort for the lower seat. Seems like they must have to take out some of the padding to make it lower. Appreciate any comments from anyone who has tried out the seat or any other seats that get your feet closer to the ground. Have a 30" inseam if that matters.
I had my seat modded by meancitycycles ... excellant work and alot less expensive than a new seat.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:34 PM
rk62
Cruiser

I sat on some kind of reduced reach seat mounted on a 2012 Street Glide at a dealership.
It felt like I was wedged into a wooden saddle on a merry-go-round horse, but then again maybe some people like that feeling.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:37 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give meancity a call ( forum sponsor) talk to them and tell them what you want and they will do it for you.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Old 03-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Limit
Cruiser

+1 mcc

Old 03-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Pommy Biker
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 1 inch lowering kit on mine but still felt too high. I just took the stock seat off, peeled back the cover round rider seated area and shaved it lower and narrower then stuck the cover back on. I figured that no matter if I fugged it up I could pay someone to fix it afterwards but at least I'd know if I was heading in the right direction first. As it turns out I did a good job of it and it suits, particularly making it narrower where it meets the inner/back of the thighs - less leg spread = more length to leg.
I recently bought a badlands seat (HD product code 52067-08A) which I use when riding solo with my tour pac dismounted, it has me lower and again narrower which for me proved the point of seat width affecting my stance.
Ride comfort is still ok but will be greatly improved when I remove the stock rear (useless in my opinion) shocks and replace them with progressive 430's.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:16 PM
09FLHT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had one on mine when I was buying it. It smashed my nads so I asked em to change it out. But I'm not short.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:01 PM
JJHOG
Road Captain

Take your bike back to the dealership and ask them to put the super reduced reach seat on it and then take a test drive. If your nads can handle it and your comfy then you know you can buy it. MOCO makes another reduced reach seat which the dealership may also have and if so try it out.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:03 PM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sat on one at the dealer and didn't like it. It sure does push you forward a whole bunch, but doesn't do much for lowering you or not pushing your thighs out so you can get your feet on the ground any better. I'd say unless you're 5'2" or under and are having trouble reaching even aftermarket handlebars, skip it.

I was practically sitting on the tank and was afraid I was going to scuff the paint....and I'm only 5'7", 170 lbs.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Pommy Biker
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Reading above it seems the shorter you are the more sensitive your nads are. Something to keep in mind for other situations.

Quick Reply: Super reduced reacd seat comfortable?